Monday, August 31, 2015
While I waited for him to get home, I got the back yard beaten back into shape and celebrated my birthday, to that end, I am now officially cooler than you are.
Unless you are an actual biker, then you rule. But otherwise? Winter? Bring It.
Friday, August 28, 2015
Real Life Sucks
1. I got my lawnmower back so now I have to mow my own lawn.
2. I also have to do my own laundry.
3.Shopping for myself sucks too.
4.The house doesn't clean itself either.
5.I can't find the right pine cone sheets to properly make over the upstairs.
6. I now want to paint the Chinese trunk red.
7.I may have to go with fabric instead of sheets for my curtains.
8.The dog comes home on Sunday.
9. My birthday is Saturday.
10. You get fewer birthday greetings on Facebook if your birthday falls over the weekend.
Thursday, August 27, 2015
1. The yard has not stopped growing out of respect to the lawn mower being sick.
2.Netflix thinks I took their movie hostage, I am going to send it back out of spite.
3.The suitcase has so far failed to to take itself upstairs.
4.The front porch plants haven't sorted themselves out yet, they could have but chose not to. Dicks.
5.The cat is very moody.
6.The dog is still not home.
7. I keep checking the couch for him.
8.It does not make me happy to park in the sun.
9.Is it too soon to wear a wool skirt to work if the building is really cold?
10.Bleeping "fuck" does not make you edgy.
Wednesday, August 26, 2015
Still more things to get used to:
1. My local library is neither handy nor dandy.
2. There is nothing to do when I come home from work.
3. The more work other people have to do for you, the less of it they will do.
4. They will do even less of what little they do do, correctly.
5.The dog is still not here.
6. The cat is not a dog.
7.No matter how early you go to bed, it does not make the alarm go off later.
8. You can not check your email on a paper back novel.
Tuesday, August 25, 2015
More things to get used to
1. My new office is on a different floor, on the other side of the hallway.
2. My old view was better.
3. When they moved my office they didn't move everything.
4. Its freeing have nothing in my desk drawers.
5.I woke up this morning and had nothing to do.
6. Rain doesn't matter.
7. I don't have to walk the dog in the dark.
8. I don't have to walk the dog in the rain.
9. I can turn my burglar alarm on whenever because I will not being going out again.
10. I can go to bed whenever I want to.
11.The exerbike makes my legs sore.
12.The cat kind of likes me again.
13.I didn't have to go home for lunch.
14.I took my lunch to work in a bag.
15.I ran errands during lunch .
16. I ran errands after dinner.
17. I can park in the sun.
18. I can be inside for as long as I want,
19.I didn't have to put my dinner away when I had to get up to go to he bathroom.
Monday, August 24, 2015
Things to readjust to, in no order.
3. bed side clock
4.getting up in the morning
5.Having a schedule
6. Air Conditioning
8.No dog to walk, for a week!
9.The kitty hates me
11. Burglar Alarm
12. All concrete all the time
13. No waves
15. Up-to-the-minute news
18.No one to talk to
My vacation in pictures taken by my phone. Google-styled
Saturday, August 15, 2015
Titles so far:
Fortunes Children, The Fall of House of Vanderbilts, Arthur T. Vanderbilt II
Secretariat, William Nack
Dogtripping, David Rosenfelt
Just My Type, a book about fonts, Simon Garfield
Lets Pretend this Never Happened, Jenny Lawson
Stalin's Ghost, Martin Cruz Smith
Edited to add:
three titles by Nevada Barr.
Friday, August 14, 2015
Friday, August 7, 2015
Monday, August 3, 2015
I think the dog might be part cat! He slept all day in the car on Saturday, rousing himself occassionally for walks around rest stops.
Then it was back to sleep.
We got to our hotel and after a walk and dinner, he was back to sleep again and stayed that way all night.
Sunday he repeated this. He has slept about 20 hours a day for the past two days and seems none the worst for it.
Just like a cat. I should have named him Kitty.