Monday, September 22, 2003

The Days After


While the coast and Virginia and Maryland are ripping their carpets out and killing snakes in whats left of their living rooms, digging their stuff out of the mud and trying to get used to new landmarks and wondering where the old ones went off to, I filled six trash bags and two containers of carefully snapped to size, dead wood. Done. I am one of two houses on the block with anything out to be picked up.

Next time we won't be so lucky. Bet On It. I am going to get myself a big cooler, some blue ice and more candles. I can run to Broskys and Alphagals. if I really need to they live on a power grid that also has a Hospital and their power never fails for long. But I don't like to leave my house to the elements, if a tree is going to fall on my house, I want to be there for it.

At least those thousands of people have the warm to be in the dark with. Last winter the power failed and the only thing to keep us warm was our ire . We got to go outside, pull some limbs off the porch get cold, go back inside, stay cold, hate on the power company work up a lather, rinse in cold water, repeat. Being with out power for a long time makes you tired. I want to note that not once have we seen a story about the hardness of having no power, many interviews with people whining Oh, thats right this didn't happen to New York! The people with out now, are not as interesting. They must be use to it doesn't bother them in the same way. Lots of picture of people digging out, cleaning up, not whining. How refreshing. They also do not have water. They aren't casually sitting on their stoops, bitching, they are casually sitting on was once their piano, thanking God for not being dead, not whining


What else?

The Emmys are on tonight. The new season starts this week. I'm going to teach Dogger to fetch the remote and cook dinner for me. I tried to teach Kitty to do those but he wouldn't do it.

Tomorrow we have CSI Miami. Shut up. I like this show. I forgave David Caruso for his past misdeeds. The people who hate this show, hate it because its not the Mother Ship. Move On. I don't even watch the Other Show. I don't watch it because I can't stand William "Walking Ego" Peterson. I don't know anything about him, I'm not familiar with his work. He may rescue kittens from trees and acts as a wet nurse for orphaned puppies he said nasty things about CSIM before the show even started and I decided that he was an asshat and I wasn't going to watch his show. Ever.

It looks like Fear Factor, Third Watch, Yes Dear, Everybody loves Raymond and Still Standing are also making a return. I know NBC is premiering this week, but I don't watch the other nets as often and I don't keep track of them. I do want to know when NYPD Blue comes back because I'm going to have to start taping Queer Eye.

Lets see, Wednesday? Law and Order and Angel eventually,busy! Thursday, wow, busy, busy. I Must See NBC Must See TV. It is very sad, I know. Don't bother. Friday. Nothing. Saturday, Nothing. Sunday, Law and Order CI.

The Emmys are about to start. Who thinks West Wing and CSI Las Vegas are going to clean up? I don't watch either one, so they'll do well.

What do they mean they cut into the Emmy pre-show for a Football game? The hell? There are gowns!!! To see! We missed the Gowns!

And away we go. Tomorrow I'll let you know what I thought.








No comments: