Tuesday, January 13, 2004

Because bloggers are generally contractually obligated to talk about award shows, here goes. And here is my obligatory rant about the “people” and who they voted for:
I wasn’t asked! Who are these “people”? where are they? What possessed them to vote for (fill in the blank)? That Hack won again?, that show won again? For what? Show Still On The Air? Did they just rerun the show from last year? Or the year before or the year before that?! Did any one check? What the hell were they thinking? Why are so many of these shows CBS? I knew Les Moonves sold his soul to the GOP! Gawd!

Favorite Male Television Performer: - Ray Romano
What the again? Ray Romano?! I don’t know any one who loves Raymond. This is crap. I can think of half a dozen Male Television Performers who should have had this and that’s just on what I saw flipping through the channels a minute ago.

Favorite Female Television Performer: - Jennifer Anniston
Whatever. She seems to be not entirely offensive in interviews and I didn’t hate her on SNL this week. I have no opinion.

Favorite New Television Dramatic Series: - Joan of Arcadia
Is this another one of those God shows that the Right Wing has blackmailed the networks into airing? Yeah. I don’t watch it. If I want to watch religious programming I’ll watch Mass for Shut ins.

Favorite New Television Comedy Series: - Two and a Half Men
There are no words. I don’t watch Arrested Development. But I know it’s the better show. Two and A Half Men?

Favorite Television Dramatic Series: - CSI: Crime Scene Investigation
Whatever. I don’t get William Peterson, so I’m not into the worship. Wasn’t Boomtown a better show? Isn’t With Out A Trace? Better? I think E.R rawks.

Favorite Television Comedy Series: - Friends
I hate that I watch this show. I know there are better sitcoms out there. Just because it’s still on doesn’t make it anybody’s favorite.

Favorite Reality-Based Program: - Survivor: Pearl Islands
No Such Thing. If I lived in a world where this was a possibility? It would be that Stand Up show from last summer.

Favorite Talk Show Host: - Oprah Winfrey
No. I don’t get it. I never got it. I’m not going to get it.

Favorite Male Musical Performer:
Favorite Female Musical Performer:
Favorite Musical Group or Band:
Favorite Music Video:

I don’t care. I don’t listen to the radio. Much, but N'Sync? are they even still around?

Favorite Motion Picture: - Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl
LOST IN TRANSLATION!!!

Favorite Comedy Motion Picture: Bruce Almighty
I wanted to see School Of Rock. I heard it was very funny. I vote for Jack Black.

Favorite Dramatic Motion Picture: The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers
You know? It was a good movie.

Favorite Motion Picture Actor: - Mel Gibson
Not in a movie this year. Not really in contention.

Favorite Motion Picture Actress: - Julia Roberts
I don’t hate her. She’s all right.

Favorite All-Time Entertainer: - Tom Hanks
Harrison Ford?

The “people” have spoken? The “people” need mind their business and go back to their schedule of studying their fingers and listening to their N'Sync records. Leave the voting to the grown ups.



No comments: