Thursday, July 15, 2004

Bites and Pieces


How many of you can say you came to work and got bit by your bosses pig? It started out very innocently. I saw the pig outside grazing and I asked Lunch Buddy if we could go pet it. LB said she had all ready gone and been intimate with the hem of its garments, but that I could feel free to go out there and kiss its ring when ever I wanted to.

So. I hoofed it out there and went to pay my respects. Piggy wasn't as big as I remembered Piggy being, the last time I saw piggy I didn't have Dogger and I think that shaped my perception of Piggys' size. Piggy at that time seemed very big. Piggy now, is just piggy-wider then he is tall. "Hi, piggy, piggy, piggy" pet, pet "How are you, piggy, piggy, piggy?" pet pet. "what nice fur you have" pet, pet .

Then it sniffed me. Odd sensation being sniffed by a pig. It has a very flat nose. Then it bit me. Fortunately for Piggy it only wanted to chew on my shoe, but still. It had its piggy teeth too near my exposed and no doubt tasty ankle and I had to leave piggy by itself. I think for dinner I will have hotdogs in Piggys honor.

Bush was in Marquette, MI this week. He complained that those mean old Hollywood people called him a thug and a liar. Gosh, I feel left out. I've been saying he was a thug and a liar for months, and I get no love from him? Who is mean now Mr. Bush? He must not be a daily reader. I wonder what he told all those ore miners about the future of the American steel industry? How about all the steel we buy from other places? The last time we were at war the steel industry was doing booming business and ore mills were running over time, the ore docks were hopping all the time. I wonder how many ore boats came through while Shrub was there? How about those steel tariffs he was so proud of? Must have been other mean people. A sitting president hasn't visited Marquette since Warren G. Harding came through there eons ago. Shrub didn't come by the last time he was running, wonder why he came through this time?

My back still hurts. It was doing better but then it remembered it was supposed to be hurting and it got back on topic. I've been trying to remember what little tests the doctor did on the girls to see if their backs were okay back when I was matron-ing the physicals at the Home. I know it was simple things like grabbing his hands and pulling or pushing him away. They were very effective tests, low tech but telling.

I emailed my county democrats yesterday to let them know I had reasonably good pictures from the rally, but I haven't heard back. I'm sure they had professional photogs there and aren't interested in some amateurs pictures of the rally. The truth is, I really just want my damn tee- shirt and I don't know how to go about getting one from them.

No comments: