Wednesday, July 21, 2004

Bits and Pieces, Vol. 2
 
I leaned something about Dogger yesterday. Dogger does not like getting her ears cleaned out. She really feels like this is an unwelcome violation of her personal space and she feels that her ears are quite clean enough, thank you very much!

Too bad Dogger does not come equipped with Inner Ear Vision, because as much as I hated to upset her, her ears were funky. Actually, in interest of total disclosure, one ear was funky and the other year was light jazz. But, the funky ear needed to be tended to. The last time I took Dogger to the vet she mentioned that the war was not pretty and needed to be cleaned out, she then asked me just how often I clean out my dogs ears? When I didn't have an answer she hummphed at me and said the next time Dogger was in the office if her ears were in the same condition they were at present? She was going to have to charge me some huge amount of money to clean them out herself, or actually, some technician was going to clean them out for me and then charge me a huge amount of money.

I don't have an extra huge amount of money sitting around to pay off the vets school loans. I had to do it myself.
It wasn't as gross as I thought it was going to be. A nice soapy sponge, a little clean water and wa-la, clean ear! Now both years are nice and pink and clean. Huuummph, yourself, Ms. Vet.

I'm glad it was Dogger with the war issue, because all I had to do was wait for her to be in her box and then corner her. I bribed her with some cookies and did the dirty dead while she was slurping them down. Dogger did exhibit more control over her ears then I thought she could. She did a good job of closing them up pretty tightly when it because clear that the sponge and soap weren't there to spot clean her carpet. She gave me a very gloomy look as I finished up. I gave her a handful of cookies and think she was well on the way to forgiving me for my rudeness.

I got lucky really, she could have been a huge pain in the butt about it, she could have fled her box or kept me from gaining access to her ears or she could have bit me. Mr. Kitty is also surprisingly good about getting doctored. I can pill him with no trouble at all. That's good because he's going on a plane in a couple of weeks and the vet gave me the okay to give him some Benadryl to chill him out while we're traveling. I just hope our lay over's aren't too long, having to carry his bulk and his crate is going to be a real challenge. I'm going to have to get into shape. I wonder if Kitty would like to go jogging with me? Can't you see me running down the street carrying a cat crate over one shoulder? I don't know who would hate that more. Maybe if I can put his crate on wheels? Would it be very disrespectful to use an airport wheel chair to ferry him around? I will have to look into it. 

No comments: