Tuesday, August 31, 2004

Back to Reality

Oh. Goody. I'm back to work. Yay. It was nice to see that no one did anything while I was gone. It's a good thing I worked my ass of before I left because it would be really ugly instead of only fairly unattractive. I was glad to not find any ominous See me! notes tacked to my door when I walked in, and when I ( accidently) ran into My Boss in the hallway she didn't want me to come to her office and sit down, so I guess the night sweats and anxiety attacks were just drills. Thanks central nervous system!

I found this in my email mailbox

It is that time of the year when DHHS is kicking off the annual State
Employee's Combined Campaign and the representative for the DFS is XXX with the Blah Blah Section. XXX has asked that I encourage those of you who are available to Attend the "Kickoff" which will be held Tuesday morning, August 31st From 9 - 10 a.m. on the front lawn of the Adams Building on the Dix Campus. I realize many people start surveys on Tuesday but if you are available, I hope to see you there!


I got this just now

As life's storms blow through, such as tropical storms, it is good to
Know that the State Employee's Combined Campaign is there and involved. Speaking of storms, if the SECC Kickoff planned for the front lawn of The Adams Building is literally rained out due to the storm (s) We are promised good food---donuts, bagels with cream cheese, fresh fruit, nuts, lemonade, ice tea, coffee and cold water. Your mouth should be watering right now just like the tropical storm. Please put it on your calendar - tomorrow, Tuesday August 31, 2004 from 9 to 11 AM. It will be held! We'll see you there!


Love the drool analogy. I often cause flash flooding when I think about eating in a gymnasium. I have to decide who will get my whopping $60 donation. I wonder if Move On is on the list? Is the DNC a United Way charity?

And so that we really, really, really get the message, if the banner in the entry way and the reminders stuck on every flat surface in the building are not enough, we get yet another plea.

This one is a monster. It goes on for days. It has no paragraphs. It looks like every spam plea you have ever deleted. It's just line after line after line preaching the goodness of donating to the State Employee's Combined Campaign and hep'n our fellow peoples.

All he really needed to do, other then breaking for paragraphs, was to say four little words

"Remember Fran and Floyd".

Nothing opens wallets like the threat of bad karma.

No comments: