Monday, October 31, 2005

Halloween 2005

Well. That was fun. I'm glad I didn't get dressed up. There is nothing sadder then needless costuming. This year the kids stated costumes ran the gamut from "under cover cop" to "princess" to a not at all convincing "Michael Jordan" - all bore more than a passing resemblance to "Oliver Twist". A group of largeish, bordering on too big to tricker treater any more got the stink eye and got a pop quiz on what exactly they were dressed as - and asked what they were doing in Kidville - If you are taller than I am - and you come to my door demanding candy? you are going to get at least the second degree; then they asked after Dogger. Sigh. They got their candy.

The cutest kids were a teeny bride accompanied by her Mommy and Daddy and her even teenier brother who was tricker treating from his baby carriage dressed as a Baby Duck. If they had been the first kids at my door I would have given them and their parents all my candy and shut down for the night. Baby Duck!!!

No comments: