Friday, July 7, 2006

My Emmy(tm) Predictions*

Drama Series: "Grey's Anatomy," ABC; "House," Fox; "The Sopranos," HBO; "24," Fox; "The West Wing," NBC.

I don't watch Greys Anatomy, The Sopranos, 24 or The West Wing. I do watch House and despite it's weak second season, I will be watching the third. Will Win - I'm going to go with a Greys Anatomy because the show and everyone involved are insipid and that seems to be a key to winning. So, GA will, I kind of want The West Wing because it will piss the GA and House partisans off.

Comedy Series: "Arrested Development," Fox; "Curb Your Enthusiasm," HBO; "The Office," NBC; "Scrubs," NBC; "Two and a Half Men," CBS.

I would bet on Arrested Development but I hate it's drooling fans, so I'll go with HBO and The Office. Will Win - Two and a Half Men, want? My Name is Earl wasn't nominated.

Variety, Music or Comedy Series: "The Colbert Report," Comedy Central; "The Daily Show With Jon Stewart," Comedy Central; "Late Night With Conan O'Brien," NBC; "Late Show With David Letterman," CBS; "Real Time With Bill Maher," HBO.

I love Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert. It's a toss up. Will Win - Either TDS or TCR. Suck it Leno, you right-wing sympathizer.

Actor, Drama Series: Denis Leary, "Rescue Me," FX Network; Peter Krause, "Six Feet Under," HBO; Kiefer Sutherland, "24," Fox; Martin Sheen, "The West Wing," NBC.

Denis Leary all the way. Will Win - Kiefer or the guy from SFU. The SFU guy gets points for being on a "brilliant but cancelled" show.

Supporting Actor, Drama Series: William Shatner, "Boston Legal," ABC; Oliver Platt, "Huff," Showtime; Michael Imperioli, "The Sopranos," HBO; Gregory Itzin, "24," Fox; Alan Alda, "The West Wing," NBC.

Hawkeye was my first pretend TV boyfriend and so my vote goes to him, but I would also be okay with Michael Imperioli, because I liked him on Law and Order. Will Win - Gregory Itzin or dark horse Olive Platt.

Actress, Comedy Series: Lisa Kudrow, "The Comeback," HBO; Jane Kaczmarek, "Malcolm in the Middle," Fox; Julia Louis-Dreyfus, "The New Adventures of Old Christine," CBS; Stockard Channing, "Out of Practice," CBS; Debra Messing, "Will & Grace," NBC.

I saw a few Out Of Practice's and liked Channings charactor. Will Win - Debra Messing or Jane Kaczmarek or dark horse Lisa Kudrow

Supporting Actress, Comedy Series: Cheryl Hines, "Curb Your Enthusiasm," HBO; Alfre Woodard, "Desperate Housewives," ABC; Jaime Pressly, "My Name Is Earl," ABC; Elizabeth Perkins, "Weeds," Showtime; Megan Mullally, "Will amn Grace," NBC.

Go Jamie Pressly!! Will Win - Megan Mullally or dark hourse Elizabeth Perkins.

Shows I was glad not to see listed? Desperate Housewives, Veronica Mars, any of the CSIs, Lost, and Thank you Jesus, not a soul from Everyone Loves Raymond


( for the few categories that I care about)

No comments: