Thursday, August 3, 2006

It was so hot ( How hot was it?) John went outside in his______

I found the reason to keep my cable. Match Game! I love Match Game.

I’ve been coming home from work and collapsing in front of the TV. I used to come home and quickly take the dog out, make my lunch, feed the cat, change clothes, clean the cat box and put clothes together for the next day and then grab Dogger and go for a walk. But its hot! Dogger has very sensitive feet and the pavement hurts when it gets this hot, also, all that running around being useful? It was a lot of work. I work at work. I don’t want to crawl away from the office so I can rush home to do more work. It’s summer, it’s hot and I deserve a break.

So. Instead of all that tiresome running around, I relax: Have remote will waste time. You would be surprised what you can come across when you have 150 channels to flip through.

Did you know there is a whole network dedicated to Game Shows? old game shows?! I mean, really, really, really old game shows and I’m not talking about three year old Weakest Link or even seven year old What Wants To Be A Millionaire, I’m talking about Match Game 74. The good stuff. Orange plaids, huge collars, ascots, gold medallions!, Bret Summers, Charles Nelson Reilly, random blond ingenues, Richard Dawson post Hogans’ Heros pre Family Feud - early seventies the man could rock fifteen pound gold medallion. P Diddy only thought he was rocking the bling .

It’s the most fun ever! The money is small, the questions are stupid, the contestants answers are stupid. The panalists answers rank from even more stuiped to the surreal; and the puns! the puns were bad... but damn it was a funny show. Pure D fun. No stress, no unsightly competitive vibes to ruin the flow, just endless fill in the blank fun. I don’t know what was happening in 1974 but neither did the show and that’s cool. Its ageless, timeless and totally without Regis.

I went looking and there are entire fan sites dedicated to it’s wonder, how about a new Wallpaper for your desk top? How about another another fan site?, even Wikipedia has an entry. For a real trip to banal land, go forth and find about the melodrama surrounding Dawson leaving. Yes, there was drama. Life was slower then. Life could be slower now Dawsons last show in screen captures.

What else? It’s still warm.

No comments: