Friday, June 8, 2007

Tick, Tock

I got some of my list taken care of - but not the one marked “make a list”. I haven’t done that yet.

I did? Get my Raleigh/North Carolina photo album taken care of, but I think it may still have some tweaking to do because while I left in the St.Patricks Day parade and the roller derby girls, I left out the Christmas parade and I think people at home will want to see the “Making Jesus Famous Since 1978" float. I may have to have a second album, one with just family and house and pets and stuff. I didn’t include many shots of The Kitty and he’s the most photographed cat on the planet. Dogger was very well represented and I have a total of about six pictures of her since she came to live with me.

The first of my two Ebay dresses finally arrived. I am so relived, I was thinking I was going to have to leave a second message for the seller asking where my dress was or go buy another dress, dress number three and that would have pissed me off. I paid for the dress, both dresses actually, on like May 26 and seller if dress number one didn’t mail it until June 4!I think that’s a little nervy dress number 2 is still not here and I starting to that that is a lot nervy.

But, dress number one has landed and it fits, it’s very cute and I like it a lot. But. I also want dress number two to arrive. I'd like to have a choice. Dress number one is a dressy dress, it could be dressed down easily, but it’s still on the high end of the “evening casual” scale. Dress number two might be more appropriate or I’ll look fat in it and in that case dress number one will suddenly be very “evening casual”. I need shoes!

That leaves cleaning my house from top to bottom before my parents arrive in town to house and pet sit. The house is a mess. I don’t know what happened, it just looks awful. I think I need to work on my time management skills and perhaps rethink the “sit in front of MASH for two hours after work everyday” part of my schedule. In my defense, during MASH I also water my outside plants and feed both animals, clean the cat box, pill the cat, go through the mail and get my clothes ready for the next day... Hmm. Maybe I'm not wasteing that time.

And then there’s the “spend a couple of hours at the dog park” part. What I really want is for Drama dog’s people to amended their schedule and not spend a couple of hours at the park, or as it is “Go to the dog park and stay there all damn evening” part of their schedule. They are total park hogs and they know that I am uncomfortable letting Dogger wander around when they are there with Drama. They could just say “Hmmm, we’ve been here since 2 and it’s not, oh, look 7:30! Lets go home shall we? Lets let that nice, non-aggressive dog go free. Let us take our aggressive dog home”. But no, that isn’t going to happen because they are a couple of asshole’s and so is their dog. No wonder they all get along so well. Three asshole’s, all being obnoxious together.

Deep cleansing breaths.

Today Dogger and I did something we haven’t done in years. Today we played catch in the yard, I threw the ball and Dogger ran after it and brought it back to me!! Three or four times in a row! It was amazing - and not in that creepy “amazing” that Katie Holmes uses to describe her “relationship” with Crazy Tom Cruise and Scientology - it was the good and pure amazing. I want her to find another word.

No comments: