Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Sick Puppy Pt. What, again!?

A while ago I noticed that Dogger seemed itchy and I said I need to give her a bath and then I didn’t because I think I might bath her too frequently and too many baths can be as bad as too few. I had a roommate in college that started to take four or five showers a day and she got herself so clean she ended up on antibiotics because if you kill all the fauna on your body, it allows room for the bad fauna to take over and then you end up on antibiotics. In retrospect, she really could have benefited from psychotropics.

So I decided to just let Dogger itch it out. She has a lot of fur and with a lot of fur comes many reasons to be itchy, most of them transient. Dogger tends toward suffering from dry skin, so I thought a little greasy build up would be good for her. It would act as a conditioner.

Well. The itching didn’t stop. And the she started with the panting. All day I would hear this thump, thump, thump and I would say “Stop itching Dogger!” and then along with the ever-present thump, thump, thump came the panting. She pants all the damn time! And it’s not hot in here either.

Thump,thump,thump,pant,pant,pant.

So I said, Ya know. She’s on Frontline and Heartworm Preventive and I bet this is just Ear Mites again. I’ll clean her ears out and this will got away... and I did, and it didn’t... Last night I went to pet Doggers ears, because she likes getting her ears pet even when she’s feeling down, and I noticed that one of her ear flaps is swollen, do floppy ears swell? . I finally got proactive, we have a vet appointment today at four

But back to the weekend, Sunday afternoon was so gorgeous that I started to feel really bad about sitting inside all day watching my 30 Rock DVDs, even if they are really, really good and Alec Baldwin as Jack is so very, very hot... I sat there and kept saying Liz Lemon! Jump Him! Come on, do it! I’m living vicariously through you and you must jump him NOW, come on! Be a friend. Sacrifice if you must, but jump him! Don’t you know he’s Alec Baldwin for Gawds Sake? Have you never watched “The Hunt For Red October”? Are you daft? You’re a straight woman, girlfriend, just do it! Do it for the rest of us! and the weird thing is, Alec Baldwin has gotten really pudgy and the character is supposed to be a right winger and so he’s all wrong for me and I’m not really into pudgy - I do quite obviously live in a glass house... But still, dayum, he’s hot! .

Sadly Liz wouldn’t jump him, that hag, and I realized I really, really, really needed to get out. I finished watching the out takes and told Dogger we were going for a walk and she just lay there. While I thought to myself We should have gone to the vet last week.

I repeated myself and got her leash. Nothing. She just looked at me. And not her patented You-Made-Me-Stay-In-The-Basement-You-Hate-Me face that she makes every time she feels slighted, she was pulling the saddest You-Don’t-Love-Me dog face ever and I said “Do want to keep watching 30 Rock instead? How about we watch the one about the hooker again, that one is really funny. You like Rachel Dratch, right?” . Nothing. Yup. Should have gone to the vet last week. She loves Rachel Dratch!

I got her harness out and that cheered her up a little, at least she stood up and we went for our walk and she was really not into it. I cut through a lot so I could go check out a new house they’re putting up and I stepped in a chuck hole and twisted my ankle and Dogger looked at me like Great. Now she’s lame. We’re going to die here. And then I looked up and saw that instead of just cutting another hole in the plastic tarp, they had cut out a heart shape. If I could have actually stood at this point I would have given them a standing ovation.

(If Blogger didn't Suck as much as it does, there would be a picture of said heart but again, Blogger Sucks)

No comments: