Thursday, October 15, 2009

Damp

With highs only in the fifties and rain in the forecast it looks like the end of air drying in the Dianaverse. Sigh.  The end of lawn baths for Dogger... Helllloo hairdryer.

If the house was as cool as it is now a few weeks ago, it would have been a Gawd send. I would have been thrilled, but now its not refreshing, its cold. I hate being cold. This new coolness coincides with the vets orders to walk Dogger more and for longer periods. I all ready walk Dogger all the time for  miles on end  and I log most of these miles in the dark. If you are given a choice to walk in the dark in the warm, do so, its nice, its like a dip in a warm pool, only dryer. Walking in the cold dark is like taking a cold shower only less refreshing. And colder.

And its raining too. So that's nice. If I was a better dog mommy I would have walked Dogger twice after work  per the vets orders but I decided to be a bad dog mommy and go to Wally World to buy my boss an ass kissing Bosses Day card instead. I am so ashamed. On the bright side I did buy a very cheap ass kissing Bosses Day card so I didn't lose all self respect.

Someone  at work asked me what our group is doing for our boss for Bosses Day and I just kind of laughed and hemmed and hawed because we aren't doing anything!, nada! We don't like her that much. We like her like her, but we aren't going to buy her lunch or anything.  She is however earning herself points by taking off Friday and Monday, so we like her a lot this week. She made a point of announcing that she would be taking time off at the weekly meeting, but we all ready knew because stalk her Outlook calender and we knew days ago.

We did do something a couple of years ago for Bosses Day but we had a woman in our group then who was the past president of  her sorority and she could throw a party at the drop of a hat. She was good, every time we had any kind of food event she was all over it. She was hell at arranging crackers and carrot sticks and she always brought pretty napkins and matching plates and made even spur of the moment things look festive. She transferred out, and now our parties are kind of  free range and we use paper towels from the bathroom for everything. None of us keep table clothes in out desk drawers or have the desire to artfully arrange carrots. All of a sudden being GDI seems to have a dark side.

No comments: