Thursday, November 12, 2009

I'm back

I am over Ida. In honor of Ida, the wasps are wearing tiny rain coats in clever prints.


I was supposed to spend my day off raking leaves and being useful but instead I had to go shopping . Had. To. Had to.  It was all the rain and wind, I had to go shopping. Or, I could have stayed in the house and watched TV. All Day. All Day.

I was really surprised that I was the only one. I went to Kohl's and got greeted at the door and the staff was just standing around trying to look busy. At this time of year. Trying to look busy. I was shocked, I also found some nice bargains so Santa was happy. I then went to TJ Maxx and found a few things that Santa needed and I didn't wait in line there either. I went to Poverty Barn on  the way home and there I stood in a line. Maybe if I had gone in the guise of Santa I would not have had to stand in a line but I don't think anyone has asked Santa for toilet bowl cleaner.

Dogger has to go back to the vet. Sadness. Tuesday night, I was bringing her in from her last pee  and I stepped on her foot. She didn't yip or anything so I just apologized and moved on. Well, by this morning she was full on limping. I decided that maybe I broke a toe when I mashed her foot. Years ago,  when she was a puppy one of the nephdogs (RIP) stepped on one of her feet and broke a toe so I thought maybe this is what I did. There is nothing you can do for a doggy broken toe. Nada .

When I took her out to pee  in the mornming, she was stiff and her gait was awful - awful in a familure way. An infected way. I made Dogger take a bath because she really needed one and I thought the hot water might make her feel better.  Her knees  don't like cold and damp and we are experiencing cold and damp, hence this new, aggressive form of limping she had adopted. I thought she would feel better post bath. I really did not want a new infection. Her surgery was last March. Infection time is over.

Bath completed, I used the blow dryer to dry her off, and deposited her in her room so she could eat her reward cookies and I could read the paper. I came back and noticed her surgical knee looked funny, kind of wet and I could see the leetle hole that was left from the infection and then the plastic issue. A quick wipe with a Kleenex told the truth, it was weeping pinkly. We're not dealing with a broken toe.

We're going back to the vet Thursday.

No comments: