Monday, December 7, 2009

Ho, Ho, HA!

I don't know what kind of self hating cow I was last year or what I did to deserve to be punished, but I want to know why I decided to hid so  much stuff from myself? What I did that so pissed me off that I felt it was necessary to punish myself by not letting me have the widget that allows me to turn on and off the tree without having to physically turn on and off the tree! all I had to do is touch a button and the tree turns on. I love that widget and now I can't find it and I'm having to get down on my knees and find cords and plug them in and so far, I am not enjoying it. At all.

But even with that complication I am making progress. The Christmasification  of the living room is pretty much done - The tree is fully decorated, the  fireplace mantle is all pretty, the creche' is up, the moose is decorated, the coffee table is seasonal and I have my Christmas-centric pillows deployed. Speaking of deployment, Where are the Santa's Diana?, the Santa's are still upstairs. I haven't gotten that far yet. I'm going to, I just having felt them yet. I don't know, ultimately, I'll bring them down whether I feel them or not, but I would rather it not be a loveless arrangement.

I also don't have my outdoor decorations taken care of either. I have time.

I also have all these boxes stacking up downstairs and I hate them and I don't want to bring more boxes down to join them and then there is the matter of Doggers crate. I hate the crate and I want it out of my living room until the end of the season but to do so would mean more work I don't want to do and then I have to put it away and that is even less fin to think about so for the time being its sitting there with the boxes reminding me how lazy I am. Sigh. Other than the ugly crate and stack of boxes, the rest of the downstairs looks lovely though. I started on the dining room and even the kitchen is a little tarted up. When I tarted the office up I made Dogger sad. I "had" to put a tree in the window and now I've blocked her view. Dogger spends a lot of time looking out that window and now there is a tree in her way. I tried to explain it to her But its so pretty from the outside!, she doesn't care because its not so pretty from the inside during the day and I'm blocking her view. She has so little.

Speaking of Dogger. I got her  official picture with Santa this weekend. We're going back the week before Christmas because my friends animal rescue group is sponsoring the pictures that day and supplying the Santa and I promised Dogger would put in an appearance but this weekend  was for her Christmas card and it turned out really well - She's so cute and photogenic and also very co-operative with people who aren't me. I'll post the shot when I get is scanned.

No comments: