Friday, February 19, 2010

Friday.

I just need to reiterate how very tired I am of winter. I have had to wear a hood! Like some kind of five year old!  And the coat that broke had a very good hood while my sub coat as a sucky hood and I am now sad, even worse I now know a "good hood" from a "bad hood" and have preferences! Any hood at my age. Its shameful. Speaking of hoods, why do the half pipe-ers have to wear hoodies as part of their uniforms? Really? hoodies? Must we just show the entire world our bad fashion dirty laundry?

Whatever. I'm too cold to really care about other peoples clothing choices. I'm wearing ski pants. The Chinese are proving that half pipe is not just for stoners anymore. It turns out its about  skiing skills not how effectively you and your stoner pals slack on the slopes. Shocking.

I like the men's half pipe much more than the women's. The men get real speed  power while the women I keep worrying they are going to fall down because they aren't moving fast enough to work up the forward motion they need to do the tricks that the men do. They are just too light to perform the really bitchin tricks that the men pull off - Maybe what we need is a half pipe field for us? The walls less tall and more of a hill going down to help  them work up more speed? Maybe the skier should be heavier? bigger? something. Half pipe is not  the sport for the cute and little. Snow Bunnies need not apply.

Snow bunnies need to head for the hills. Lighter weight men do very well on the ski jump. Ski Jumpers are the 86 pound 13 year old gymnasts of the skiing world. Those other lighter weight people,  women aren't allowed to ski jump. I read a story in Time Magazine. Com and the IOCs reasoning for this is that our fallopian tubes might fall out or something. True story, they worry about our "woman parts". What bull shit.  We ski moguls and our wombs stay put, I think our vagina's could handle a little atmosphere. I know, we will agree to not wear skirts and we'll wear pants with iron crotches. Keep all those girl parts up where they belong.

They aren't playing the music as loud as they did last time around for the half pipe. The last Olympics, the last time I cared about half pipe, I remember the music being really, really loud. This year there is no music and a lot of chat from the  announcers. I'm not sure I didn't like the music better

No comments: