Tuesday, March 15, 2011

 Okay Kids, lets play Name the Party!

Here are your hints:

1. A  freshman lawmaker who suggested the mentally disabled should be shipped to Siberia.
2. He said he was kidding around with a female caller who supported funding for the homeless when he raised the issue of eugenics and the world's population growth.

Hint -  He resigned Monday from the state House and said he was sorry that his "big mouth caused this furor."  Not that he was sorry he said the handicapped should sent to Siberia, but that he got caught saying they should be sent to Siberia. Answer - If you had  The GOP you are right! Our Eugenicist is Rep. Martin Harty, a Republican from new Hampshire! A freshman lawmaker at 91 years of age. Tea Party City.

ON the Government not run amok, Last night post-shower, I noticed that the water was brown and more than a bit textured . I will admit that I did spend a lot of the weekend outside, even spent some time laying on my back in a field of clover. Hmmmm. Lovely, yes, dirty, debatable, that dirty, absolutely not.

Oh, and while I'm thinking about it, you know the party of "small government", well. Look what happens when you put them in control Take Over Law - There is nothing that says "small government" like taking over towns,  abolishing communities and putting your minions in charge of the towns you don't dissolve, without benefit of an election, crafty move, you can't recall what you never called for in the first place.. Again, the GOP.. I hate that I'll be there this summer and will spend money. On the upside, I'm in a union friendly city that will not be amused by all this.

On the Government not run amok, Last night post-shower, I noticed that the water was brownish orange and more than a bit textured . I will admit that I did spend a lot of the weekend outside, even spent some time laying on my back in a field of clover. Hmmmm. Lovely, yes, dirty, debatable, that dirty, absolutely not. I was concerned. I have to admit, I had noticed that the water upstairs as had a bit of a tint to it but I had chalked that up to bad lighting and that frankly, I didn't think that it was that big a deal.

When I realized I was standing in muddy water, it became a big deal. So I called the city water and sewer and mentioned that my water was yucky. And they jumped. I came home to a door hanger saying they had flushed the system in my area. I ran the water in the bathtub, hot and cold, they are different and you do have to test both, and it was brown, dark brown. I was sad - until I let it run some more and it ran clear. I then tried to shower and it was also tan until it ran clear. Tada! I called the city and they fixed it! Who knew?

Of course, I did find the door hanger notifying me of all this in the shrubs, but they did come by. Democrats, by the way.

No comments: