Wednesday, October 10, 2012

In and out


Last night I discovered that I waste a lot of time over the weekend. On Monday night I in a couple of hours I did three loads of laundry, changed the sheets on the bed, put away my trip stuff mostly as well as took the dog out forty-thousand times and still had time to hang out on the futon with Rocket. Pretty much what I would have gotten accomplished over your average weekend.... Except I got all this done on Monday night and I had all ready worked all day and was coming off a very busy weekend. I woke up Tuesday feeling like I had been run over by a truck.

I was rewarded Tuesday morning with the shocking surprise of my morning paper! I had almost forgotten that my morning paper was supposed to be there before I went to work. I had the privilege of reading the Tuesday paper on Tuesday! I had been reading things on a 24 hour delay which made me feel like a time traveler.

My plans for the real weekend include doing some Obama work and fully tearing out the garden and putting the trellis and hoses and timer away for the winter. I would also like to go to the breeder and let Rocket run around and visit with his people.  I would also like to winterize the front porch and add the dirt to the garden. If I could find the time I would also like to get my collected lawn clippings and the "new" dirt tilled into the garden soil so it can get to work. There will be no winter over growth this year.

I'm also going to act proactively and bring in the ferns before I really have to. I don't want to miss my window and end up losing them, so in they go.

Speaking of in and out. how long do I have to maintain this every-half-hour-out-to-potty forced march? I Know its not forever but how long do I have to keep doing this? I'm okay with it but its going to get cold soon and I'm not sure how okay with it I'm going to be in a few weeks. I'm thinking that I'm going to extend the "every" to maybe forty-five minutes , Huge difference. I have been very religious about it and there have been very few accidents - always my fault because I lost my faith and got lazy about taking him out. I have no idea how long he can really be trusted to not pee or heaven forbid , poo in the house. Both sins he committed while I was gone,but I have no idea how much time had elapsed since he was taken out and if it was because he was at the end of his rope or if he was just taking advantage of the situation.

Project 45 minutes starts tomorrow.

No comments: