Monday, March 20, 2017

Weekend

Friday I came home, went and got something to eat and fell asleep on my chair. Happy St. Patrick's Day ya'll!

Last weekend I slept through the parade and this week I skipped my chance to dress the dog up in his little St. Pats outfit and go be cute on Fayetteville Street. Bummer.  I was looking forward to that!  He looks so cute and it makes people happy and they smile and everything, its a nice thing to do - And then I sleep through it! I came home, went and got food and passed out.

I woke up at about 10pm and decided that I needed to go to bed in a real bed and so I roused my self enough to take the dog out to do his thing and then I emptied and filled the dishwasher and ran it, and then I went to back to bed.

And went back to sleep. Just like that. I don't think I'm well, I really don't. I tried to tell my doctor at my physical that since the election I have felt increased stress and anxiety and I'm feeling lethargic and gaining weight and I don't feel myself and she said "Yeah, You don't know how many people have told me that same thing. You just have to step away from it..." . I was like "Really? That's it? I have to live here! I can't "step away from it" I have nowhere to go! Jesus. Not helpful.

Saturday I tidied the house. I found out that I have a dining room table under all the crap that had been stacked on my table! I hadn't seen it since, apparently from the age of stuff on the bottom, December. I also hung up my coats and vacuumed the downstairs and did a lot of laundry and then put away a lot of laundry. It made me feel a lot better.

Saturday I went and looky-looed at the aftermath of the huge fire we had near downtown. Me and everyone else, I was a little embarrassed by the number of people doing the exact same thing I was. I took pictures. (to see many pictures of the actual fire , go to Instagram and look under #raleighfire).  I took pictures.


The concrete monoliths were the elevators. The wooden structure was five floors of wood. It went up like, well, five floors of wood. The pictures taken that night looked like the burning of Tara from Gone With The Wind , thoroughly nightmarish.


The first,  unburned cement floor. Odd, the only part that wasn't built of wood.




The back side of the elevators and a neighboring severely damaged building.



One of the damaged neighbouring buildings. Those units are not habitable. There are three buildings surrounding the site that are all or in part uninhabitable now. And yes, I did get hollered at by a cop to get this. The cordoned off area is enormous, much. much larger than it has to be. Its ridiculous. I saw some very attractive barricades that Rocket would love to play on and I headed off to take him to go play on them, and the cop told me to turn back and I said "Hey, I'm on foot!" And he did not care, he said "Its barricaded!" and I'm like "Yeah, I know, that's why I'm going over there!" He didn't care.

On our way out we found this on a light pole



 We went on our merry way and ended up on Glenwood Avenue with all the  green hued, drunk undergrads and assorted douche bags, male and female. So. Fun. Not really. Rocket charmed the drunks though and he was wearing a green color. I wasn't wearing any green as it was March 18th, but the bars and the undergrads and the douche bags didn't care. I was also the oldest person there and Rocket as by far the best behaved.

No comments: