Tuesday, March 20, 2018

Tuesday



I had a great weekend. I started Friday night with a concert by the NC Symphony Orchestra playing Irish music, accompanied by a  tenor, and Irish Dancers, actual adults! I've seen lots of kids in parades from schools but never adults here, and even better they weren't bedecked with the bouncy curly wigs they make the kids wear, they were very good too but I wouldn't recognise good verses not good Irish dancing, there was also a- sounded-good-on-paper-wasn't-a-good-idea-in-reality-should not-have-made-it-pass-rehearsal-dramatic-reading-segments.

It was great though, I only paid $15, and got sixth row seats. Thief. Stole that seat.

Saturday I went to the tail end of the parade, it was fun and then it rained, walked back to the car, went home, took a nap. Lovely.

Sunday I went shopping for replacement paint for the bookcases in the living room, a lovely dark gray  "Aviatrix" by Sherwin WIlliams, that will great with the new curtains and will go on the back of the cases, the TV stand and the doors of the table next to the chair as well as the pulls on it. I just have to actually do all of that.

I almost went with white as the backing color but the curtains themselves  are white and I thought that a contrasting color would be better. It will look nice when I finally do do it.

And then late Sunday night, I was finishing up some laundry in the basement and I heard a drip, drip drip . Should be no drip, drip, dripping in the basement! I looked up and tried to figure out where it was coming from, couldn't immediately tell, so in my bathrobe, I went outside, outside was not drip, drip, dripping.

Tried to figure out what was above the drip, drip, dripping. 


The Kitchen sink.

I pulled out the accumulated clutter of 16 years to discover that there was a matching drip, drip, drip at this end as well. But it wasn't nearly as steady a drip, drip, drip that was ending up in the basement, so whatever I was seeing was clearly not the real leak. I tried, in vain, as it turned out, to turn off the water, and it continued to drip, drip, drip. I put a bowl under it, because that was going to help, and went to bed.

By morning the drip, drip, dripping had stopped on its own.  I called my plumber. He tried to make it restart, he could not, but he did suggest replumbing the kitchen sink to solve the problem and replacing the rotten wood in the bottom of the cabinet.



 Blech.

No comments: