Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Music Theory

I think I offended the Ipod.

I uploaded Up To Date, a totally innocuous Partridge Family CD and I was about to follow it up with Nick Of Time, a far superior Bonnie Raitt album and the system suddenly won't speak to me. I know that the Partridge Family is hardly high art but I don’t think it was necessary to give me the silent treatment. And on top of that, it's doing the Kick-The-Dog thing to me as well, I-Tunes isn't speaking to it and so it won't speaking to me.

The little bastard has been speaking to the other programs, now they are ignoring me too. I let the machine upgrade and now everyone hates me. This is what I get. Bill Gates is unhappy with me for the Ipod. He doesn’t like the Apple business on his machine. You know he knows. He can tell. I’m lucky I’m still alive.

I need Ipod to know that I’m going to put more than just seventies corporate pop on it. If it had given me a chance it would have found out that Bonnie Raitt was next and after that was going to be selections Terrence Trent Darby and then a few tracks off the Jesus Christ Superstar and Cabaret soundtracks and honestly, I do have music from the 21 century. I was working my way up to Bruce Springsteens’ The Seeger Sessions! And I was going to download some Rhianna! ... Which I was going to follow up with a cut from Captain and Tennilles Greatest Hits from my own collection. Why does the Ipod hate me?

And I can’t tell if the Bonnie Raitt got on because it won’t let me access the program. Won’t let me access anything!

Is this because I’m being punished for watching FAUX for two consecutive hours tonight? But after that I’m going to watch Boston Legal and it’s allegedly supposed to be the most liberal show on Television.

I really don’t think the Ipod should be judging me, at some point I’m going to put a considerable amount of Aaron Copeland on it and probably some Gershwin too. I did get a chance to listen to the little bastard though, and that was really cool. And the ear buds? Are different from the earbuds I have used in the past. They have a little tail thing on them and that seems to make a difference stability and comfort-wise. Who knew?

Do you think the Ipod has issues with show tunes? I understand being ambivalent about Andrew Lloyd Webber, I understand that, but it’s not like I’m trying to violate it with that roller skating show. JCS and JATATDC are clearly, “of their time” as they say, but they aren’t bad and besides, the machine doesn’t really get a vote here and for what I paid, I shouldn’t get a music critic in the bargain.

1 comment:

Cat said...

Hmmm. Have you looked on the ipod and itunes support pages? Look for specifically the exact behavior your system is exhibiting and there should be something there.