Friday, May 2, 2003

Bloggys, Bloggys, Bloggys, keep those bloggys going! Rawhide!



I didn't get my goal accomplished today, that goal being "File the single page files for B". I started off strong with an effort to get them hole punch and alphabetized being successful. I had hoped to putter around the B-BR cabnets until at least lunch.

Our federal PTB (Powers That Be) found a really neat way to make several people in the office lose a day to scrambling for data so that the PTB can play compare and contrast with their web site. We of course have nothing better to do. The elves will come in over night and do all my filing.

While I was making copies of some very boring spreadsheets, I listened to the secretaries discuss the differences between Duvet Covers and something called a Duvaleia. I had no idea people keep corrupt Haitian dictators as bedding, but I could be behind. I do not follow Heute Culture for linens. It was also decided that a duvet was really a big pillowcase. Whew.

The best thing with the whole request thing is that I now have Explorer as my browser instead of the hateful, evil, Illigal Operation causing Netscape Navigator.

I had to celebrate by going to a site I haven't been able to access's for the past couple of weeks to celebrate.

I also learned some crazy 'puter skillz and that is always good. It's been a long time since I used my brain at work. The last several weeks have been a carnival of Hole Punching, Stapling. Alphabetizing and Filing. Lather, Rinse, Repeat.

My parents are here and that is nice. They went shopping so I am spared the unpleasantness of Shopping for One. The Marriage Penalty has nothing on the Shopping for One Penalty. Shopping for a group is easy. Buy a lot, buy in Giant Economy and save money! When it is just one person you buy a lot and end up buying Tiny Expensive . So I try buying the smaller sizes of whatever it is and they end up costing more then the regular sized. Which bites. I end up throwing money away either way.

So I buy only when I am planning to cook. If I want chicken I buy one chicken breast or two pork chops or whatever. I don't need a weeks worth of left overs. I go to Sams for canned items (Yes, I know Sams is part of The Evil Empire. Sam's is bad. Wal-Mart is bad. I know. I never worked at either place; they are getting sued but big and employee empowerment to follow). As a result of my new shopping habits I have an empty refrigerator. It echoes and waits.

I have a handful of condiments but they are old and should be thrown out actually, some tub butter and a twelve pack of coke. I'm pathetic. I should be ashamed. Grownups don't have empty refrigerators. Grown ups always have bread, milk, butter, eggs, rolls, vegetables, fruit, jams, jellies orange juice and left overs. All artfully arranged.

So What.

I like Ramon and ravioli. I can make pasta and rice and I George Forman everything I can't boil on the stove or nuke in the microwave.

I have learned some things about shopping.

- Ask yourself why the knocks off pop tarts are .99? Real Pop Tarts are expensive.

- Stick to name brand Mac and Cheese. The off brands are gross.

- Potatoes can go bad. Vodka does not immediately ensue.

- Cats do not know that they are eating Knock off Kibble. Unless you tell them. Don't tell them or hover making sure they eat it. They get wise and check the bag.

- That huge economy bag of chocolate chips shouldn't be even allowed into the house. Don't temp nature.If it'a in the house it will get eaten. What I do not buy I can not eat.

- There is off brand Ramon. All Ramon is not created equally. Do your research.

- If you put a stone in your vegetable drawer and add a bunch of veggies, eventually you will get stone soup. You won't want to eat it, but you can have the stone soup and your spoiled potato vodka and have a food poisoning theme.

- Even frozen food can go bad.

- Leftovers make you fat.

Be brave; be retro, shop like your Greatgrandmother did.

No comments: