Thursday, September 18, 2003

Candycane?

So far so good. I left work at about 2pm because I didn't want to be alone in the building - weather wusses by the way, the lot of them Ewww! Its raining! I Must Go Home Early!!, flutter, flutter, what shall we do?. On the way home I watched a scaffolding blow apart, that was impressive.

The weather was passable enough that Dogger and I were able to take a short version our walk - we could have done the whole thing but I got spooked by cracking tree limbs and chickened out.

Since then, I went to my brothers as I lost power at about 3 and I ran out of patients with the whole thing. I looked ahead to more games of chase and hiss with the animals and thought better of it . On the way to the lit side of town I saw a torn banner, a shredded awning and a couple of downed tree limbs. Lots of leaves, lots of police and fire sirens. I counted 12 different police and fire combos in the few hours since I got home.

This was not as bad of a storm as I encounter in Dallas, Dallas would not have 150,000 people with out power after a wind storm though.

No comments: