Friday, November 14, 2003

Friday Fiveish



I spent the day with the interior of my skull wrapped in cotton batting. I don’t know how it got there and it is still there to a degree. I spent hours this morning doing a task that, when my head is not full of cotton, I can get done in a snap. After I was done, the specter of having to get out of my chair and file reared its ugly head. I had to sit down again.

I only got about a quarter of what I was supposed to get done finished and the stuff that’s left is only half of what there is still to do.

It’s a sad state of affairs when stapling is more work then you can get done with out taking a rest.

Because I am still a big quilt, we have our friend The Friday Five from my friends at Fridayfive.org.



What food do you like that most people hate?

I hate everything. The only food I don’t hate is food most people feed to their two year olds. I eat my hamburgers plain and dry. I won’t eat a burger if there has been cheese on it. I learned after years of struggle to tolerate ketchup and mustard traces on my burgers. Pickles slices are just wrong. I am unable to understand why people put chili (blech!) on there hotdogs. It’s not that I like food other people hate, its more that I like plain food. No sauces, gravies or heavy spices. If it doesn’t taste good on its own putting stuff on it is not going to make it better. I think of it as au natural food, food in the nude so to speak.

What foods do you hate that most people love?

Most people like Mexican food. Mexican food is unacceptable for the following reasons.

1.) It involves cheese.
2.) It involves spices that are unnecessary and unpalatable and smell funny.
3.) It involves foods that are stringy, gritty or actually paper.
4.) It involves Taco Bell™, Taco Bueno™ and having to inhale what those places smell like. Mexican food smells like what you add to it. In real life you are eating grass cuttings and pigeons .
5.) It is hot because if you could actually taste what you were eating you wouldn’t eat it.

What famous person, whom many people may find attractive, is most unappealing to you?

Tom Cruise – Too Toothy, Too Culty, Too Short. I can tolerate him in ensemble pieces ( as long as it is a large ensemble) or in very short cameos. I also do not understand any of the winners of American Idiot, Popular? Sure, Talented? Hell No!

What famous person, whom many people may find unappealing, do you find
attractive?


Stephen Rea. Siiiiiigggghhhh. But not for his looks. He looks like a depressed basset hound. He is a great actor though and I love his accent. I also lust after the father guy on Grounded For Life even though I don’t watch the show. The guy who plays Wesley on Angel is very hot.

What popular trend baffles you?

Everything baffles me. I am bafflement personified. Why do people dress their little, bitty girls up like Brittany Spears? Why are those clothes available in 6x? Why would you put a mullet on a toddler? Why is wrestling still televised? Why is UPN not on a NAACP hit list? Why is Seventh Heaven still on TV and Action not? why is everything on TV aimed at 12 year old girls? Why are all the movies made for 14 year old boys? Why are movies on purpose made for grownups so damn boring? Why are they all ready playing Christmas Carols? Iraq? George Bush? Baffled.

No comments: