Friday, December 5, 2003

Friday Five Again

In honor of all the shopping we have all either all ready done or are about to do, a Friday Five from my friends at The Friday Five.


1. Do you like to shop? Why or why not?

I like shopping when I have the money to shop. I like shopping less when I have nothing to spend or when I have to buy something. Nothing kills my shopping buzz like having to buy something, when it gets down to I have to have something for this person. Something. Anything!. and when I have no money? And can’t buy anything even it is really cute and I have been watching it since last February? And its June and it isn’t on sale enough yet for me to afford it? This sucks even more. I also hate shopping when the only things that fit me at the given time make me feel fat or they don’t make me feel or look fat and they are adorable but they cost too much and then I feel even worse – it’s cute! It makes me feel good! But I am too poor and by extension pathetic and I will never be able to afford to look cute again!!. Sometimes its better to not even have my purse with me. I also really have to be in a shopping place. If I’m not in the mood, nothing is going to appeal to me. I will buy for other people when I feel too poor to by for myself. If whatever it was for me, there would be no way but if whatever it is, is a gift, then it’s okay to buy it. I am not directly profiting from the purchase so it’s okay.


( addendum, do you know the fastest way to make water boil? Turn on the damn stove. It boils so much faster when you introduce heat!)


2. What was the last thing you purchased?

A pair of knock off cargo pants from Target. They don’t have all the bells and whistles that the cargo pants had a just about every store at the mall, but they look like the cargo pants I saw just about every store at the mall and they cost half the price. I was also Santa yesterday.



3. Do you prefer shopping online or at an actual store? Why?

If I have a mission. If I know what I want, I go online. It’s much easier then going to a store. I can shop around, get prices and get it paid for it in fifteen minutes. I couldn’t do the leg work in real life that fast. I miss out on the social aspects of shopping, but I also miss out on the taxes and the parking and the snotty shop girls. I can hit numerous stores, check out prices and find the right deal. I can’t try it on or see how the different makers size the same item. So I normally don’t buy clothing. I do books, CDs, DVDs – pretty much anything that doesn’t come in sizes. I have bought clothing, but only stuff I knew was going to fit or as a gift.

(addendum. What goes well on spaghetti? Butter! What did I have to throw out when I got back from Thanksgiving? DAMN.)

4. Did you get an allowance as a child? How much was it?

Allowance? What is this allowance you speak of? You mean that money some parents paid their children to breath? we had to work to get money. Pftt on allowance.



5. What was the last thing you regret purchasing?

I bought a gift that I right after it arrived I thought I was going to have problems with and I was beginning to think I had just bought myself a whatever and I was going to have to go buy another whatever to get the right whatever, but then I found what I needed for the whatever and it’s all right now.

No comments: