Tuesday, December 23, 2003

Tick, Tick, Tick

Why am I still here? Okay, I know why I'm still here. I'm getting paid, and it's a work day - but, I have nothing to do. Well, that is a bit of a broad definition of nothing. I have things I could be doing but nothing I want to be doing and the one thing I should be doing isn't really pressing. I could be making copies, but I'm not speaking to the one working copy machine in the building, and I have all ready got a couple of lingering chores done . I shouldn't have been such a curb buster this morning. This sitting around is just asking for makework to get dumped on my head. I want to go home!

But not too soon. I dropped off some film at lunch and told them I would be back this afternoon. I don't have a pressing need for this film but after Christmas even the hour places are going to be "okay, you can pick this up after 2 pm ... Wednesday and the film place is closer to work then it is to home and it would suck to leave out of here early and then just have to come back in this direction in an hour to get my film.

Sigh.

No comments: