Monday, February 2, 2004

Pioneer Daze

A whole weekend offline and no end in sight or site for that matter. I am about to see if the Dogger and Kitty want to learn to play Uno™.

I'm totally at lose ends– in a What – Am – I- Going – To –Do - I-Can’t-Obsessively-Check-My-Email way. It’s like being away on vacation, but with out the whole “away on vacation” part. Mostly the vacation part. The part where there is nothing on TV and I don’t get decent radio reception or decent radio at all, and all my friends are long distance are or they aren’t long distance and they are getting tired of hearing me whine again about how much not having my computer sucks. So as to break up my whining about how much it sucks not having my computer, I try to intersperse my whining with news about the little animals. Oddly, friends who would spend hours on my long distance dime, going into loving detail about the contents of Timmy’s’ diaper, aren’t really that interested in hearing a first hand account of how I heroically made the sacrifice of making myself Ramen for lunch instead of going to Wendy’s™ for a new toy or a breathless rundown of the really cute Kitty looked when he got all embarrassed after he rolled off the bed.

It’s not like I spend a huge amount of time online over the weekend anyway. Most of the sites I visit really don’t have new content over the weekend and I have all but stopped going to my TV sites that do have an ever evolving content because I have a hard time maintaining a state of obsessive paranoia about the state of a television show and the characters that populate it. It is always it for these people who kindly provide the new content – they only seem to be able to watch one TV show at a time and have no patients for rank amateurs that lack the total dedication to a single hour of broadcast TV like they do. I did share this state, in the past, but the people on the boards today do not want to hear that Angel –The Series is no The X-Files. Also, I refuse to get hurt feelings in honor of a character that everyone else feels should have hurt feelings, whether the character does or not. I want my computer back. I want my computer back NOW

Whatever. I have a sick hard drive and I am having issues. I don’t have the time to obsess over TV Shows. I can’t! My hard drive is in the hospital and I can’t be all Internet obsessive about anything! When I dropped it off the guy at the nurse’s station took down the machines medical history and told me that they will get to it as soon as they can. I know exactly what this means. I tell this to people every day. It means I’ll get to it when I get to it and I might not get to it at all! Waaahhhh!

I think I’m going to have to go to the library and see if they have computer I can check out for the next, oh, ever. I don’t think they would let me do that though. I don’t want to go to spend a lot of time there because I’m pretty sure it is a defacto day care center and the last thing I really want to deal with are packs of unsupervised children wandering around at will. I also do not think they would let me bring Dogger with me and I don’t think I could pass her off as any kind of a service dog – especially if they see us getting out of the car and its clear she did not drive, even if I agreed to crate her while I was there. I’m totally open to that – if they crate the kids.


I want my computer back.


Took a while for The Super Bowl to turn into a game, but dayum, it turned into a good game!

No comments: