Tuesday, February 3, 2004

Stuper Bowl



So how 'bout that Super Bowl? Yeah, yeah. I know everyone else got there Super Bowl entry out first thing Monday morning, but everyone else has 24-7 access to a computer and they be all timely with the entries, while I am reduced to standing on the corner like the Little Match Girl, crying little analogue tears. and offering to blog for the passers by. Sigh.

Still, I persevere.

I didn't get to see Janet Jackson's titty. I didn't know until Monday morning that there had been a "wardrobe malfunction" at all. I will say that if'in I wasn't planning on my titty being on display, I probably would not have taken the trouble to get it dressed to go out. I don't know about y'all, but if I'm not planning on whipping out the girls on national television, I would probably try to keep them roped in a little better. I mean, dayum, if she was having problems with her titties being all wild and hot to get out she could have taped them down or used bungies or something. Obviously she has free-range wild bronco titties and they are not used to being penned in.

I don't really understand what all the who-ha is about anyway. Didn't Li'l Kim wear less then that to some awards show a few years back? I don't remember any full throttle apologies stemming from that. I mean if FOX had been airing the Super Bowl this year we would have seen that lose titty in slo-mo, some one in the commenters box would have had a them circled and highlighted and they would have repeated the moment for us all to catch and you know tthey wouldn't have apologized. Rupert Murdock is a total neo con ass, but even he knows that Titties make for good television Embrace the titty! Gawd knows there was nothing going on in that game until them. I've seen soup bowls that were more interesting on then the first half of that game. There is only so much excitement that can be generated by repeated updates of that one player's bloody nose.

I wasn't watching Tittygate because I was watching the Move On ad on CNN. I was really expecting something much more out there and in your face then it turned out to be. CBS refused to air this? I've seen more hard-hitting political commentary on Daria, hell MASH had more political content and CBS aired that for years.
I had been trying to watch it on my computer but it would never work for me. I was really surprised that CBS wouldn't air it. Most folks would not have "gotten" it anyway. The Daisy ad from before Gulf War 2 was much more incendiary and it was shown on regular TV.

Did David Letterman know that CBS was going to attach patriotic meaning to his throwing shit off the roof? I didn't see how they warranted red white and blue CGI whooshes. I hate CBS. I think they staged the whole Free Range Titty thing to make themselves look more "edgy". Sorry! Janet Jackson hasn't been "edgy" since about, well, 1991 and no amount of Free Range Titty action is going bring "edge" to CBS.

I finally talked to a human being at the Computer Hospital. The guy said they might be able to look at my machine tomorrow. I fought the urge to belt out Tomorrow for the guy, but he sounded like too much of a hard ware geek to get show tune humor. Pity. I don't get to use show tune humor very often, I mean, who does really? If you want to piss a Who fan off you can comment that Tommy is a show tune, but they don't want to hear it.

No comments: