Monday, February 16, 2004

That Darn Cat! or Absent With Out Leash

Friday night, I thought that I would celebrate it being Friday and take myself to McDonalds. I have a choice. I can go to the McDonalds by the Poverty Barn and be tempted by its Barn-y Goodness or I can go to the poverty McDonalds and be a temptation to the Thuggy Badness. So its open the purse or fear for the purse. I go with fear. I may not get mugged but I will with certainty, spend money at Poverty Barn.

I take Dogger with me because I don't leave the house at night with out her. She takes up almost the whole front seat and when she's in the truck by herself she looks very big and threatening. No one is going to steal a 10 year old truck with a huge Dogger in it.

I pick the wrong McDonalds. It is full of people. Dressed Up Date Night, annoying people. People who stand in line and whine about standing in line. People who say thing like "We haven't mooooved! of course, these people work in Fast Food because they have no skills". I stood there and thought, “He took you out to dinner at McDonalds, honey, you have no skillz”.

Anyway. I finally get home. I decide that it would be easier to get the food inside and then bring in the Dogger. So I leave Dogger in the truck and go inside. I have to open the back door. The Kitty is at the door. I'm putting up the food and my back is turned. The Kitty is out the door.

I don't notice this until I turn around to go back outside to get Dogger. I see Kitty wandering around outside by the truck only after I have Dogger and I can't grab the Kitty and control Dogger at the same time. So. I put Dogger back in the truck and try to head of Kitty. Kitty gets away. Fast

I go back inside and throw Dogger into her crate and go out after Kitty. It's night time. Its dark. Kitty is black, very, very, black. And very, very, fast. He gets away. I tool around the front of the house whispering "Kitty! Come see me! Come See me Kitty!". Nothing.

I peer under the neighbors cars and hope no one shoots at me while I’m in the dark skulking around their car with a flashlight. Nothing.

I look on the dark side and head off to the near by busy street to look for shiny black speed bumps. None! I am wandering around my neighborhood in the dark. You know all those things that go bump in your night? they live in my neighborhood and I was wandering around Doggerless.

I go back to the house and haul out Kitty’s food and his treats. A couple of more times around the front yard shaking the food, Nothing. My food is getting cold. I bring the food outside and sit on the front steps,

PleaseGodbringmykittyhomeChew,chew pleaseGodbringmykittyhomeChew, Chew. "Come See Me Kitty, come see me!". Nothing. The neighborhood strays are also not around. The last time he got out, they wandered in and out of my search and mocked me. It can't be good that all the cats are gone. Did something eat the other cats? is something eating my cat!

I go back into the house and get my book to read under the porch light ReadreadreadpleaseGodbringmykittyback ReadreadreadpleaseGodbringmykittyback

I hear something rustling in the shrubbery. I peer around it and We Have Kitty! or not, Kitty sees me and goes back under the neighbors car. It takes me kneeling in the wet yard and whatever was making the yard wet for a good ten minutes shaking his food and begging before he would come out and then he ran away again! This time the little bugger wasn't getting away from me. Trespassing be damned. I corralled the rat bastard under another neighbors van and yanked him out head first. He growled at me.

So last Friday, inside freaking out. This Friday, outside freaking out.











No comments: