Thursday, March 11, 2004

Let The Light Shine In


I got my lamp! I got my lamp! I’m so excited!

I’m so excited I didn’t have to email the seller again to ask her where the hell my lamp is.

It is a very groovy lamp. I think Greg Brady would have thrown it out of his swinging bachelor pad but Mr. Brady would have loved it for his study. And it works too! I was hoping it would, but for $4.35, you can’t ask a whole lot.

The shade that looked so kewl in the pictures is actually, I think a heretofore unknown black hole. There was more light in the room before I turned the lamp on then after. The shade is going to have to be re-purposed.

The antler part isn’t really antler either, it’s antler-esque, so it’s not exploitive of some deer-American – but again, $4.35.

I had kind of given up hope of it ever getting here. I wrote the seller back at the beginning of the month saying, hey, love the lamp, you rock, where is it? and she wrote back and said she was mailing it in the morning. That was the forth, it didn't show up until the tenth. I mean, dayum. It could have walked here faster. I could have driven there faster. I could have walked there faster.

But it’s all good. The lamp is in its new home and I have a very kitsch addition to my theme. Yay! Now I’m on the look out for side tables, currently I have boxes masquerading as tables, and I would like that to change. I’m trying to leave the under grad thing behind and live more like a post grad. Essentially, No More Cardboard Furniture!



I was trying to step away from the Ebay, but while I was there the other day I ran across these plastic snow globes. I lurve me some plastic snow globes, and I went trolling for some new ones. I have every major city on the eastern sea board and a few from the Midwest, so I’m not really shopping for cities anymore.

Once upon a time I didn’t buy this globe from Fargo, the movie and now that puppy is worth huge dollars. I kick myself at least once a week for that. So, when I saw one for American Wedding and, again, I saw it in the store and didn’t buy it cause I didn’t see the movies, and I have a policy about spending more then $5 for a plastic snow globe – now of course good luck finding it at any price… anyway. I saw it on Ebay for a dollar! So I bid. I stopped bidding at $8, I checked this afternoon and it was at $19.00! dayum. For a plastic snow globe! Needless to say, it’s going to another bidder. I’m going with that it’s fate that I do not have movie themed snow globes and that I don’t buy them at the store when I see them. Eventually the policy is going to pay off. I do still have a Surf Nazis Must Die one sheet…


Now that Martha Stewart is on her way to club fed, do you think Ka-Mart might have some Martha Stewart lamp shades for cheap? I mean, this may just be what the line has needed to really appeal to their clientele, A voice of the people! Someone who has been there. Some one who may potentially be shopping at K-Mart right now! maybe when this is all over, Martha can work at a K-Mart! Wouldn’t that be a Good Thing?

No comments: