Tuesday, March 23, 2004

Lets Join The CIA! part 2


Travel

I am not interested in a position that requires international travel.

I would be willing to work in a position that requires occasional, short-duration, overseas travel (two to three weeks, several times per year).

I would be willing to work in a position that requires occasional, extended tours overseas (two to three months, several times per year).

I am eager to live and work overseas, depending on the location.

I am eager to spend much of my career living and working overseas and have virtually no restriction on the location.


Hmmm. I don’t actually have a passport, and I have heard that they are much harder to get these days. I would have to stand in a lot of lines and I don't think spies have a lot of stand in line time. I think that limits my travel opportunities – and there are the little animals. Do you think there is some CIA funded animal storage place I could put them? Do you think they just do that as a cover and when you are off on your mission, they send your little animals away on missions too? I’m not sure I could stay focused on counter- terrorism if I had to worry that Mr. Kitty was off somewhere in a leather cat suit and a wig or that Dogger was doing wetworks somewhere. And if I’m so willing to leave and pretty much not come back? What am I running from? What did I do wrong that I have to be a long, long, long way away from it? I would worry about those people. But, if I could bring my animals with me and it was during hiatus season…

”I would be willing to work in a position that requires occasional, short-duration, overseas travel (two to three weeks, several times per year). “


Languages

I have no interest in learning to speak or write a foreign language.

I would study and learn a foreign language only if required.

I would like to learn a foreign language.

I possess at least conversational skill in one or more foreign languages.

I enjoy the study of language and I am fluent in one or more foreign languages.



Hey. I took German in high school and I didn’t do that badly. To be honest though, the only foreign language I have any proficiency in is Pig Latin.

I possess at least conversational skill in one or more foreign languages.’ it is then.

Are you a Native speaker of any the following languages:

Farsi
Arabic language other than Farsi
Simplified Chinese
Mandarin Chinese
Korean
A Native American Indian Language
Dari
Pashtu
Turkman
Urdu


Um. Pig Latin? No mention of Pig Latin. That’s a shame. I have heard several of those and, and they sounded kind of like Pig Latin to me. I think I still have a chance here. Pig Latin, Urdu. Tomato, utomatohah.

I have conducted research in one or more of the following areas:

Economics
Foreign Policy
International Studies
Political Science
National Security Studies
Other Policy/Foreign Study Area


Okay. I have used coupons, so, Economics? Check. Good for me, I had several roommates in college who were from foreign lands and we worked out policies, so check! Again. Go Me. International Studies? My Thai roommate translated all her textbooks into Thai, and I watched her do it. So, again, Score! Poli Sci? I got a “B” in Poly Sci! Again with the Scoring! “Other”, I have shopped in both Mexican and Asian Markets! I am so in!

Tomorrow? The Hard Questions.

No comments: