Friday, April 2, 2004

Friday Five April 2 edition


What was...

1. ...Your first grade teacher's name?

Mrs. Cummings. She didn't like children, or teaching or having to be around children in general. So she became a first grade teacher. I learned much later on that as a child she was told repeatedly that she was not wanted and in the way and she did her best to pass that message along to us. She was also the first teacher I had that used a paddle - but only boys, girls were too fragile to get paddled. I can't remember what girls got instead but it may have been No Recess or something like that. Yay! First grade.


2. ...Your favorite Saturday morning cartoon?

I liked Scooby Doo a lot. I really liked Gullivers Travels but that wasn't on Saturday mornings, that was an after school show. I haven't seen any of the live action Scooby Doo's and have no plans to. Thanks to Scooby Doo if a guy looks like Shaggy, chances are I'll go out with him. Fred did nothing for me, I think it was the ascot. My gaydar was young but it was well calibrated.


3. ...The name of your very first best friend?

Kim Vernon. She disappeared into the mists of time a long, long time ago. She was really not a nice person. I hope she has changed.


4. ...Your favorite breakfast cereal?

I was all about Froot Loops. I lurved them. My Mother wouldn't buy us sugar cereals like that unless it was our birthdays.


5. ...Your favorite thing to do after school?

I would go over to my friend Valerie's and we would go to the 7-11 and get sodas and then go ride our bikes around.


Sorry this is so short, my I still don't have my own machine and I have to do this from work. My taxes are done now and sent on to The Man, so I am hoping for a check before too much longer.


And as always, the Friday Five comes to us from our friends at The Friday Five. Com.

No comments: