Thursday, May 13, 2004

The Blame Game

I took a few days off from trying to get my computer fixed. I was getting tired of the daily head aches that come from being on hold for hours listening to nonstop musak or in the case of Dell, listening nonstop to the sonata of mass murder and then when finally getting a human being, regardless of which tech support I had been holding for, answering the same questions over and over and over again.

They kept putting me on terminal hold so I would get tired and hang up or in the case of Dell, many times; they hung up on me.

It's really getting old. I mean I bought the new computer because the old computer was broken. It took several years for it to achieve broken. The new computer achieved broken in a matter of days.

I have been around and around and around with the various Tech Supports. Dell, Microsoft, Earthlink. I have spent more time with Indian nationals then Ghandi did. I called Dell from work. My plan was to get tough with whomever answered the line and I was going to tell them how it was and how they were going to fix my damn computer.


Me - - I am who I am, These are my magic service numbers. My computer is broken. Fix it. Send a repair guy to my house.

Them - Are you with your computer?

Me - No I'm not. Here is my magic service numbers fix my machine. I have a warranty. Send someone out to fix my machine.

Them - Is there someone at home with the computer who can…

Me - No! There isn't. Haven't I talked to you before? Here are my magic service numbers. Send someone out to fix my machine
.
Them - You need to be with your computer…

Me - I'm Not. Here are my magic service numbers. Send someone out to fix my machine.
Them - What part of your computer is broken?

Me - What part? The computer part! I have talked with tech support from Microsoft and Earthlink and Dell over and over again all ready and they can't figure out what is…

Them - The virus!

Me - … No! Not the virus! Tech Support can not fix it, I can not fix it! What is wrong with the computer is not the virus! It's the hard drive! Send some one out to fix my machine.

Them - Virus!!!

Me - Fix. My. Damn. Machine. I. Have. A. Warranty.

Them - Are you in front of your computer? You have to be in front of your computer.

Me - HOOOOOOWWWWWWWEEEEELLLLLLLLL! FIX MY DAMN MACHINE! SEND A GUY OUT TO FIX MY DAMN MACHINE. HERE ARE MY SERIVCE NUMBERS. MY MACHINE IS STILL UNDER WARRENTY. FIX MY DAMN MACHINE!!!

I had to promise to call back later when I could station myself in front of my computer for several hours because I don't have a life or things to do or anything that might be more important then spending even more time listening to the sonata of mass murder before getting some tech support person to run through yet another flow chart of endless, ultimately, unhelpful suggestions. I want my computer back!!!!


10 minutes after I finished this my best friend called to let me know her teen aged former step daughter is in a hospital in Ft. Worth dieing from bone cancer. Suddenly a sick computer is so nothing. I feel about thisbig.

No comments: