Friday, May 7, 2004

Never a Fairy Godmother around when you need one


It just kind of occurred to me that I'm going out of town for the weekend. I'm going to need to pack, well, before the actual packing of clothes there is going to need to be laundering of clothes. And before they can be laundered they need to be picked up which calls for a game of Hide and Seek with just about everything I own. 1, 2, 3, get off my fathers apple tree! does not work to get the little bastards to come out of hiding. They do not play fair.

I also might need to mow my yard.

...And possibly put the dishes away so I can put the new dirty dishes in the machine. Hmm. And while I'm in the kitchen I might need to tidy a bit. I hate leaving the house dirty because it's such a downer to come back too. It doesn't bother me to have it like that when I'm with it, but leaving untidy seems like taking a trip in dirty underwear.

And while I'm in the kitchen I should get the animals food packed up to go and think about which toys to bring and how many of Doggers many leashes I should bring, the short one more like a dog handle, the six foot, the adjustable? And how about the Kitty? Should I bother with his leash? Will I actually use it?

I should get the paper cut off but they never actually do it when I have asked before. Maybe If the paper guy is late again tomorrow I can catch him and ask him in person. That may or may not work. There might be more then one paper guy. The service has certainly been of two minds lately, It's here on time for a few days and then bang all of a sudden, it shows up late in the shrubbery. I hope it isn't the same guy.


See, this is where the Fairy Godmother comes in. I want to come home from work and have my bags packed, the laundry done, the house cleaned and the lawn mowed.

Not going to happen is it?

Sigh


Have a great weekend!!!!

No comments: