Tuesday, June 15, 2004

Bits and Pieces


I'm sitting here eyeing my Official Happy Secretaries Day violet and wondering how it all went wrong. It's dying. I killed the green plant that was my last year's OHSD gift but it waited until I left for vacation in July to finally commit suicide. I don't know anything about violets, it may be dying or it may just be pouting. Its little plant feelings may have been hurt. Maybe one of my Happy Meal toys said something, maybe one of the Sponge Bob toys looked at it funny, maybe it felt slighted by one of the tiny Madame Alexander Dolls. We'll never know. Or perhaps I over watered it. I assumed that a wet plant is a happy plant… at least no one can say I ignored it to death.

My head is pounding, pounding, pounding. I didn't do anything to it and yet it punishes me. I think my hair squishy might be too tight or the sudden appearance of Mr. Sun after a long absents is throwing me off. Ow, bright light. I like Mr. Sun, but the more time Mr. Rain spends here the less time my one replanted hydrangea plant spends its' time shooting plant daggers at me and whispering to anyone who will listen that it's not growing on purpose just to make me feel bad, asif I had feelings, otherwise its just very depressed about being behind the azalea plant and not in it's own bed with it's own flock of impatiens acting as ladies in waiting, like the other hydrangea.

The impatiens are doing all right, I'm going to go pick up more of them - "picking up" plants makes it sound like I'm going to go cruise some sort of fern bar where all the cool single flowers hang out in a little disco dresses and itty little silk shirts. Regardless, my last years left over flowers that looked all right a couple of weeks ago when I put the impatiens in are suddenly looking all leggy and sickly and they are going to have to go. I am not running a plant hospice after all and it's looking like they are up for some plant eutheniza. The impatiens on the other hand are looking quite lovely. I am pleased. My other replanted hydrangea is also all thriving and happy - which means it’s going to get devoured by bugs or come down with hydrangea plague or something soon.

My boss and my other boss came in and had a long conversation about the placement of my new cabinets as though I was not standing right there and as though I was not standing there doing coast guard signal signs trying to get there attention. I hate that. They did that before the cabinets were delivered and then since I was never included in the discussion and the cabinets finally did arrive, boss and other boss weren't in the office I didn't know what to do with them. I ended up doing what I wanted to do with them. Ha. Boss wants to shift them a little so that she won't feel left out of the cabinet placement. Whatever. Move it thee inches to the right if that will make it better. Get the hell out of my office so I can move it three inches to the left.

No comments: