Wednesday, June 16, 2004

Grrrrrreeeeaaarrrgghhhh


There are days I just love my job. These are: Veterans Day, The day after Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, the day after Christmas and the bonus days I get instead of raises.

There are so many other days though. So many days when I just do not feel the love. My boss ignores me until she's ready to shout at me, and everyone wonders why I am so mush happier when she's not here. She is a lovely woman. Warm, kind, funny all those really good things. Her head also spins around and turns beet red on very little provocation.

I try not to provoke her.

The folks here say "Oh, you have to talk to her the way she talks to you, that'll show her. Make her respect you, that's just Boss! Don't worry about it!" and then they go into all the times they've told her to shut up and go away and I sit there and think that they must be cats to have that many lives to spare.

Sigh.

What else? I was the only person siting at the Wendys laughing to myself. Which is good, for the most part I try to not sit next to people who are chuckling over their lunch, but, but I have a book and it’s a good book and people shouldn't move to the main dinning room to get away from me. I feel like I need to have a little place card set up with some explanation as to why I am chuckling over my lunch Custumer is reading funny book, NOT a psychotic! and for the psychotics that may be in the dinning room Custumer is laughing at her book, not you!. You know, maybe they could have a little book readers section where you could laugh or tear up or pound the table and not make people wonder where you wandered away from. "oh, that's okay, she's at a Book table, she 's just reading something!". That would be nice.

I think I over did it Monday. I have given myself a new fitness challenge. I will walk the dog twice a day at least three times a week. I will! And Monday I did! I also mowed the lawn and that might have been the too much. It made me tired, and then I had to take a shower and by that time I was really beat and it was only 9:30. Dogger had even fallen asleep early. She liked the extra walk but as we were heading home she was like "This is it right? We're not going out again, right? It's hot, I'm tired. Why don't we just lie down here for a minute? You know, if you want to do this twice? Why don't you go by yourself! Wouldn't that be fun? You could have some alone time! And I could have some not outdoors in the heat time! I think that sounds great! Don't you?" Poor baby.

It's good for us though. Walking is good for you. Walking more is even better for you. I should also take to going up stairs and to the basement more often. Like during commercial breaks! But that kind of make me tired when I think about it. My stairs are very steep. More walking and added stair climbing, I don't know, I'll have to think about adding that to the mix.

No comments: