Thursday, June 24, 2004

Mulder!


A couple of weeks back Dogger and I were taking our morning constitutional and I decided to head to the post office to mail some things. It was around 10 am on a Saturday morning, what? I have no curtains; I wake with the dawn.

Dogger and I were checking out the reconstruction work on one of the crack dens/handy man specials that dot the area when I noticed that there was a helicopter circling over head. A Black helicopter. I watched it for a while and went to the post office. I think we had just had a crazy person run away from the mental Hospital and I thought maybe he was even more crazy and dangerous then they had said, if they had said, they didn't tell us employees on campus with the run away madman. God Forbid.

Anyway.

Walk continues. I go home and do whatever it was I was doing. I think I still had the nephdogs. Later, I took the nephdogs out for their walk and I went back to the post office to walk in the historical area. The black helicopter was still over head. This was hours later and it was still circling. I'm starting to wonder what this is about. These weren't the Hughies that the National Guard uses, not that there were any Nation Guard still around to use them, these were different and black and scary. I'm a card-carrying member of the X-Files fan club and I know from scary black helicopters. I know they are bad.

I went home and didn't take the dogs out for any other walks. I stopped thinking about it. Then I went to church Sunday morning and they had barricades around the capital. Hmm. I thought. Wow. Did somebody throw a protest and not tell me?! Were the runners in the Susan Komen thing getting their Grrrl!Power on? WTF?

A couple of days later I remembered the scary black helicopters and I did a google search. I really shouldn't have done that. It was more disturbing then the black helicopters themselves. The only people writing about "black helicopters, Raleigh", were folks who truly belived in the Black Helicopters and had paid up their X-Files Fan club membership for life.

Knowing that there were people out their scanning the sky for Grays every night while getting jiggy with their Scully action figures; was not helping me find out why my black helicopter was out there. I found nothing and it bothered me. I mean, Black Helicopter! over head! for hours! why? All that for one escaped crazy guy? dayum. It had to be more.

I really stopped thinking about it. I picked up a copy of my local indy, cleverly called "The Indy" and found this Escape from Raleigh

It was A Black Helicopter!

and it was genuinely being all black helicoptery! All for a Garage Sale? My gawd.

I went to work and complained to one of my co-workers who said, "Well, you know after 9/11 that really can't be too careful…" at that point my head exploded. A Garage Sale! even a politically themed garage sale should not warrant Black Helicopter treatment. What is happening to us?

Children, vote these bastards out in November vote like it’s the most important ballet in your lifetime, vote like you care about other people, vote like you care about yourself. Vote like you value your privacy, vote like you think maintaining human rights is a good thing, vote like you care about the Geneva Convention, Vote because you care about our international reputation, vote because you care about our armed forces, vote because you worry about your kids, vote because you worry about the kids you might think of having one day, vote because you worry for the kids who live down the street. Vote for Black Helicopter Free Garage Sales!

No comments: