Friday, July 30, 2004

And the Nominee is...

Shockingly, John Kerry has the nomination for the Democratic party! Wooo!!! there was a minute there around two in the morning where... not really and I wasn’t awake anyway. I stayed up long enough for North Carolina to do there thing and I shut it off. It was late and it’s not like there was much of a chance that the Dean people where going to stage an uprising or that Ku-whatevers handful of delegates where going to pull some kind of sneak attack. Poor Ku-whatever, he didn’t even get to speak during prime time and he was the last to pull out. He may have had good things to say. Not that views of the networks got to hear most of the really good speeches anyway. God forbid NBC pre-empt a Fear Factor so that the American people could hear Barack Obamas’ brilliant speech Tuesday night or any of the other really terrific moments that PBS let us watch. My favorite moment was when one of the pundits lay a smack down on one of the other pundits when he said something nasty about Jimmy Carters speech and then let Carter bitch slap the little punk. It was a beautiful moment. The Punk pundit has held his tongue since. Good.

I was very moved by Al Sharpton. I think Al is crazy. I remember Tawanda Brawly and I’m not ready to forgive him for that, but Damn! That was a great speech! He went up there and told it like it was. In the transcripts they had that you could make out two of the words, he spoke the names Schwerner, Goodman and Chaney I understood what he said, why couldn’t they?

There hasn’t been a minute of doubt who the nominee would be since Dean lost his first primary and his second and third and so on. And sure there were other candidates, but other then Screamin'Dean and that little guy, who else even registered? they trotted the also rans out for the convention but other then Sharpton, weren’t they all the same guy? and yeah, blah,blah Progressives!!! whatever, the "Democratic arm of the democratic party!!!", The unelectable arm of Democratic Party. Go away Howard Dean and stop sending me emails. I mean it, I’m blocking your ISP, Dean.

I mean I liked the guy well enough. I actually read the first fifty or sixty of the emails he sent. I thought he seemed like a lock. And he was a great speaker and he drew big crowds and he seemed to excite a lot of young people. He excited a lot of young non-voters who got so excited about forming flash mobs they forgot to form a flash mob to vote. If they could have voted via text message hew would have gone all the way.

Enter Kerry.

Kerry also sent me emails. Lots and Lots of emails. I didn’t read them. He was the bad guy. The Anti-Dean. I thought I got more from Dean but later when I went and counted there were more from Kerry over all. It was a sign.

Did ya’ll known that Kerry was in Vietnam? Yeah. And that he was in Vietnam? Or that he was in Vietnam? And that he loves the troops. All the democrats love the troops. We all love the troops.

As for Kerrys speech, it hasn’t started yet. It will be all about Who John Kerry Is, What John Kerry Stands For He only needs to say six words. He says those six words and everyone can go home early. All he has to say is

I
Am
Not
George
W.
Bush


John Kerry, Not George W. Bush Posted by Hello


No comments: