Tuesday, July 13, 2004

Another Monday

My pictures from the rally turned out well! I'm so pleased. I spent most of the time juggling a water bottle, little flag, a sign and my camera not to mention wanting to fall over and die from the heat and I was afraid everything was going to turn out grainy or fuzzy or covered with sweat. Another issue was, I'm not used to taking pictures of people and when I do take pictures of people they tend to run out badly. People don't behave the same way your average tree or stream does, people will mess up photos by talking or moving or making funny faces. Trees don't get weird expressions on their faces and their eyes are always open. Nature is always looking right into your lens.

I got a great deal at Wal-Mart ™ too. I took in five rolls of film and got CDs and proof sheets along with them and the whole thing came out to under thirty dollars. The young woman who developed my shots said she was voting for the first time and she was going to vote for Kerry. She said the last four years had been rough and the sacrifices too great, and too few of the people were having to carry the burden. She was ready for a change. So in the spirit of good will she gave me a good deal.

Because I am such a good little democrat, I brought all the pix to work today, and quite a few people looked through them too, they all are Kerry people; at least they are now. Yay. Doing my part.

I found another dead rat Saturday morning. Sigh. I can't remember what the count is up to know. "Too damn many" is the closest figure I could come up with. I got a very good idea from Lunch Buddy today though. She suggested that I go to a craft store and buy a bag of feathers and some glue. The next time I find a dead rat I should glue some feathers to it and call the city to report a dead bird. Vermin doesn't excite them but how about dead vermin with feathers? Dead birds are much higher on the Dead Animal list and will provoke a much better response then just a dead rat. Dead Birds require action! Dead birds, especially if I tell them how many dead "birds" I've dealt with, certainly meansWest Nile Virus! or some highly contagious Avian Flu! and that could lead to quarantines and bad publicity especially after I tell newspaper east of the Mississippi that the city could have avoided all this but they initially turned up their nose at my cry of Dead "Bird" that will get their little heads spinning! and their butts in gear and if the disease process have cause the bird to grow a fur -like rash and a tail like growth that, well, that bird has some sort of new and terrible fungal infection or some sort of rapidly spreading feather rot and Something Must Be Done!

I think if they still won't come down for my grossly diseased dead "birds" I could threaten to get the state involved and no one wants to get them involved! If that doesn't work I could go over their heads and alert the feds and claim it's terra! And that would mean informing Homeland Security and I know that the city doesn't want them poking around their dead vermin.

Does anyone dare me to glue feathers to my next dead rat? Cause I so will.

No comments: