Wednesday, July 28, 2004

Much ado about something



Big drag, I actually have to work at work today. Stupid filing. So, I'm just going to post links and little factoids. Fun huh? you bet!

Later

Okay. I'm feeling very conflicted. I have a Young Women Democrats meeting tonight. I have the Democratic Convention tonight. I pulled up the directions to the YWDs meeting place du jour and when the directions went on to the second page I decided that maybe this might be a good day to play hookee. I know, I know, act locally, think globally. What-ever. I could go to the meeting and sit around and sit in little group and make little group lists and talk about what ever the Leader tells us to and ultimately decided nothing and do nothing except sign something saying I Was There. Why? is it going on my permanent record? I did want to show off my Rally pictures, but I could do that when I possibly go to hear Edwards speech downtown - if I go to hear the speech downtown. The parking in my driveway is so convenient and free the drinks are so much freer in my kitchen too.

I doubt the bar or where ever the dems are meeting would be as happy as I’d be to have me sitting on the floor with Dogger either. Dogger is free to be in my livingroom. I can also put on my nightgown and take my makeup off freely too. And not suck my stomach in, But... group things can be fun! hearing a speech in a partisan crowd is fun. Its like going to a movie on opening night. It’s exciting! It makes you feel involved and together and part of something. It’s great.

My living room, my dog, my driveway... And to make it even more fun. I had to reschedule my mug shot for the church year book. I had to reschedule it for Thursday. Thursday is the big night at the convention. I wasn't even thinking. I just said "sure, Thursday? 9:15pm? why not". Damn. But that is why they invented the VCR.. But, that means I will be downtown. Away from my house. Dressed somewhat Up.

Speeches Tuesday. So far we’ve had Ted Kennedy and Dick Gephardt. They both seem a little pissed that they are bridesmaids. Gephardt seems especially as though he wishes he was the bride. He wore a white dress even. Kennedy seems to have let the dream go. Next up is Tom Daschle.

Tom is all about the price of living. So far, not the barn burner that some of the other speeches have been . Tax Code and anything pertaining to South Dakota, is just not sexy. Next up, good God! I just checked the schedule, there are 10 more to go! Shit. Carol Mosely -Brown, Howard Dean - at least that is guaranteed to be interesting,The First Lady of Iowa?,then Richard Durbin intros The Key Note Speaker, Barake Obana, and some guy from Road Island, Ron Reagan speaking about Stem Cell research... then Theresa Heinz introduce by her son. 10. Damn.

A good speech by a good guy, Tuesdays Key Note address can be found Here The pundits loved this guy.


Links to Monday Speeches: These were very, very good speeches. Very hardcore. Suck it up Shrub.

Jimmy Carter

Bill Clinton

Al Gore



Complete schedule of Wednesday speakers can be found
Here

No comments: