Monday, August 30, 2004

"It’s time to get up"...

4:30am
I think I’m all ready awake.

While I’m brushing my teeth I remember I forgot to say good bye to the little dog next door. He’s eleven years old. I should have said good bye.

5:18am
It’s still dark when we leave. I can’t see the water or the island. It’s for the best. I’m all ready sad about leaving.
5:45am
I get wanded. They make me take my shoes off. They make like veterinary proctologists with Kitty and finally they let us go.
7:12am
Take Off.
7:30
Land in Traverse City. Plane transformed into flying daycare. Why can’t people just stow their four year olds in the over head bins? Why won’t they let me stow their four year olds in the over head bins?
8:00am
Land in Chicago.
8:05am
Learn my 12:09pm flight to Raleigh has been cancelled . I am now on 1:40 flight to Raleigh. Shit. Shit. Shit.
8:30am
Visit news stand and buy a New Yorker. I want to buy Chicago paper but I buy a couple of Dunkin Donuts instead. I have to pace myself reading material wise, I’m going to be here for a long time.
9:45am
Choice of overpriced blank books. $15.00 for "dream" journal or $12.95 faux leather "deep thoughts" journal or cheaper cloying Horthe-y and cloying Butterflies journals not eleven year old girl, go with cloying butterflies. Brief search of purse revels no pen. Journal store sells only "Journaling" pens. Clerk suggests newsstand for cheaper pens. "Cheaper" pens are $3.24. Go Cubs.

Journaling in airport - pretentious or pathetic? Is it even possible to blog in long hand?

10:30
Kitty wants to get out. I find a deserted corner and kitty looks out the window at the tarmac and wonders if he will ever be happy again. Kitty then wants to walk off his ennui . I squash this idea. I have a vison of putting Chicago O’Hare on red alert as they search the facility for a run away cat. Ponder pitching this to Disney. Ultimately, decide stress not worth it for Hilary Duff vehicle.

11:00am
Look up from magazine to discover that Asian man at end of row materialized into a college girl.
11:15
Go to another book store. Practice huge self control and so not buy new Carl Haisson book. R is for Reading the book you brought with you.
Noon
McDonalds!!!
12:09pm
HateHateHate.

Kitty wants out of his box again . Deserted corners not easy to find. Discover after several verses of "Itty bitty kitty nose, itty bitty kitty toes" that this corner was not as deserted as it had appeared. By end of day, all of Chicago was humming "Itty Bitty".
12:30
After spending entire morning at H8, casual perusal of departure screen revels that they have changed my gate. There is nothing to do down at H14.

Saw a group of Amish getting on board a flight to Memphis. Actual Amish. Weird.
The Anorexic Olsen weighs 92 pounds.

1:15
Deskbitch threatens another change of gate. Does so for the next half hour. Hated the deskbitch.
Flight was 1:42pm. Lies, all lies. Really, 1:56pm. They allow the passangers on the plane at the gate to deplane the flight, that was supposed to leave at 12:20pm, tell them to get food. This is not a good sign.
They replane.
2:20
On Board! Ready to take off.
2:45
Not Yet.
3:20
Not Yet. First class gets water and snacks. I’m thirsty and hungry , I’m not in first class. HateHateHate.
4:20pm
Not Yet.
5:20pm
Not Yet.
5:30pm
Take Off.
8:00pm
Home.

No comments: