Tuesday, September 14, 2004

Black is the new black

I’m going through my closet. I’m trying to find something to wear tomorrow and because I live by myself, I have have this conversation with myself.

How about this?

Too Black

”Too Black?” Its to wear to a funeral!

Where the hell did I get widows weeds?

How about this?

Yeah. That’ll put the “fun” back in funeral. Next!

What do you want to wear?

How about this blouse and my black sweater vest and a pair of black slacks or I could wear my black skirt?

No, the jacket is too suit -y to wear like that. It would need to be a different style

The slacks then.

Where is my black sweater vest? I could swear I just wore it.

In the summer? Why did I wear a black sweater vest?

It worked, okay?

Where is it? Damn. This was going to be a good outfit.

How about the black blazer?

Kind of black on black and, hot.

Take it off

“Would you like the see the wine list?”

I have scarfs! I have a very tasteful black and white scarf! Or I have that other one, I really like the other one

It doesn’t work with the theme.

Okay. White blouse, black slacks, black blazer, white and black scarf. Good.

All day they’ re going to be asking why you’re all dressed up.


All day I’ll tell them why.



My cousin June died on Thursday and today we are burying her. I wasn’t able to make it to the funeral - death just doesn’t take other peoples schedules into account at all . So, since I can not actually go, I can at least be there in spirit. I can dress for it.

No comments: