Monday, September 20, 2004

Getting Brushed Off

I was supposed to spend Saturday out canvassing. I was ready too. My rain suit arrived, I remembered to wake myself up and get ready early and all I was waiting for was what I went to bed waiting for - Where and When. I needed to know where they wanted me to go and when they wanted me to get there. We went zero for two on that one. This is the second time they wussed on me. I’m sure when I finally get in touch with them, they will say “Oh, it was raining and we thought we would do it another day”. The last time I checked I was not water soluble and neither are they. They also make this things called rain coats. Amazing, this modern technology . They could have called me and told me that and said we would do it say, Sunday, when it was gorgeous. A beautiful day and because it was the first day in a long time it was pretty, a lot of people were at home and out in the yard. It would have been nice. But No. I don’t know if the local dems are just stupid or they think the candidates can get themselves elected. Newsflash, They Can’t.

Since I was up and around early on Saturday I took Dogger for a ride in Minnie and went to fill the tank. On the way back I passed the new Wal-Mart and thought I might need something.

What I found there was a health check table. My inner tinhat had the idea it was a way for The Government to check and see if all the noise about weight gain and it’s related evils were having any affect ( looking at the folks at the Wal-Mart? Not much) on the masses. My outer bargain hunter had the idea that blood pressure check, cholesterol screening and glucose testing for FREE was too good a deal to pass up. Good news, I’m with in normal limits on all counts. Yay me!

Before I want to the screening, I went looking for something to put on Doggers sore foot to keep her for licking it. I need some bitter apple and I thought Wal-Mart would carry it. No, no they don’t. They do carry doggy toothbrushes and tooth paste. I remembered the last time we went to the vet she threatened me with a tooth cleaning for Dogger and that would cost a fortune. A toothbrush and toothpaste only set me back $2.

But before her teeth look better they have to be brushed. The instructions suggested putting a dab of the paste on the toothbrush and letting her eat it off. After she (presumably) got very excited by the nummy beef flavored paste, I was instructed to get with the brushing.
How it actually worked.

Me - Mmmmm! Yummy eat, eat Dogger! Num!

Dogger - Yuck. Ew, Ew, ew! Get this nasty taste out of my mouth. Yuck. I want to some water now. Good thing I’m never going to taste that again.

Me - Open your mouth.

Dogger - Nooooooo!

Me - Mmm! Good stuff! ( forcing open Doggers jaws) brush, brush, brush)

Dogger - Why do you hate me? Get out of my mouth! Those are my teeth! Have you checked your breath lately? Get away from me!

Me - Are these all your teeth? Don’t you have more? Let me get to those! (brush, brush, brush)

Dogger - Gaw! Get that thing out of my mouth!

Me - Finished! Twice a week for fresher breath and healthy teeth!

Dogger - I’ll learn to gum my food.

List of Emmy winners

from cnn.com

No comments: