Thursday, September 16, 2004

I think you should have a life vest on before diving into Ebay

I was driving into work this morning when I thought I could have worn a jacket, first time this fall I've thought that. It bodes badly. I don't want to be cold again. I'm not ready. Just because I have flannel shirts and long johns does not mean I want to have to wear them. I should have known even before it was chilly this morning that it was getting closer to winter. I was browsing on Ebay, more on that later, but there I was and I started thinking about walking the dog when its winter and how cold I always was, or really how cold everything below my waist inevitably was and I started to think that what I really needed was a longer winter coat. The more of me that is not cold the better and the longer I am not cold the longer a walk Dogger would end up getting and it is all about the Dogger. I also thought it might be nice for the coat I wear to work to not be covered in paw prints and dried dog spit.

So I started searching. There weren't many that filled my request. I thought the world was full of full-length women's coats. Sadly, no. The world is full of parkas that go to the waist and various blazers-jackets that aren't but want you to think they are actually coats. I finally found The One, it was cute, it was pink , came with a hood and it was cheap. I put a bid on it and waited. No one wanted that jacket until the last 14 seconds. Some bitch stole my coat. Action Sniping, Stealing. Tomato Tamato. Some bitch stole my coat.

So I had to keep looking. I found another one, light blue, hood but after the snipping incident the bloom was off the full-length women's coat bloom. I put a little bitty bid on it … and nobody wanted it! good thing I did, cause now it's mine! .

It's dangerous in the Ebay. It's deep water and the currents will kill you. I think there should be lifeguards stationed.

On yet another dip in the bay I found a very nice sheet set, it, I will make excellent curtain material for Camp Knottypine. It has the right colors; the right pattern and should have enough fabric. The pillowcases have lovely moose that look just like the moose on my wallpaper border.

Those wins made me go back into the water with renewed purpose. I started to think a while back that what I would like and actually, need is rain gear. I mean, walking the dog is a 365-day job. She has to go regardless of how hard its raining and if I had a proper suit I could go out with out thinking nasty thoughts about her. Which is nice. I found a suit for $2.99, $5 to my door. Not bad.

And so that it doesn't seem like I'm drowning in the Bay. I ordered two books from a used book site with Amazon, together to my door, $9. My Ebaying thus far, total, $25 - for a set of king sized sheets and a rain suit. Not bad . Total out of pocket? $35 to my door! .

No comments: