Thursday, September 23, 2004

Insert Title Here


The TV season has finally gotten started. I haven't watched this much network TV since, well, the season ended. I've spent the summer watching a lot of HGTV, BBC America and Comedy Central. Lately I've gotten hooked on The History Channel. I never knew there was so much programming on about WW2. I watched an interesting show on the child soldiers of Nazi Germany. Very sad. It didn't go into enough what became of these children after the war. They did interview several former child soldiers, but they didn't ask them how they went from being brain washed bazooka toting wack jobs to being useful members of post war society. They didn't seem to be wearing prison uniforms, so I guess the three or four they talked to must have figured out a way to carry on. It was really sad though. The child soldiers did make excellent little gun toting proto-psychos though, they fought to the death - their own mostly, but they managed to gave the Red Army and US Troops hell too - it was however, always a bad idea for the BWBTWJs to give hell to the guys in the tanks though. The show said the Nazi's kept the adult soldiers, the "real" soldiers away from the BWBTWJs because the adults were smart enough to get away from the tanks and they didn't want the BWBTWJs to know that the "real" soldiers didn't want to die.

So far I have watched all the nets. Well, not the netlets because now that Joss Wheadon has left the building I don't have to watch UPN or WB ever, ever, ever again, thank gawd! And if I could I would block them along with FAUX News - which I can't, I just have to ignore them. It's not hard. I don't fit into their demographics so they don't program for me anyway. Yay!

I did watch CBS for the first time in months. I still hate Les Moonves but I love Dan Rather, anyway, CSI Miami started back on Monday and since I didn't have anything better to do, I watched it. They killed off one of the guys. I read a yahoo group and they were all a twitter and wringing their hankies about how sad they were now. Now? I said to myself, you are sad now? Those people are sad all the time; they don't need much excuse. They all reported crying their little eyes out over the "death". Yeah. The guy got shot because he didn't clean his gun and it misfired. I think it is an analogy to what is going to happen to his career. You would think with the Bad Career Choice posterboy on the set that he might have been a little more circumspect about his "movie career". Actors can be very dumb sometimes. Anyway, I didn't cry and neither did the actual characters on the show. Not a wet eye in the house. The funeral scene was, um, less then funereal. Whatever.

I'm going to do a little VCR hokey-pokey tonight so I can tape CSI-NY while I'm watching Law and Order on at the same time. There is also Rescue me, a far better show then either of the others on at the same time, but it repeats at 11pm, so I can tape it then. I also want to watch Reno 911 at 10:30, but that also repeats later so I can tape it too. Wednesdays are a busy TV night all of a sudden. Reno 911 ends tonight so after this week, I'll have less to tape. I'm also going to try to remember to watch That 70s Show at 8pm. Wow. Good thing I don't have homework anymore.

No comments: