Monday, September 13, 2004

Why can’t weekends always be three day?


I found a good project I’m going to do once it starts raining. It’s good to stock pile up a lot of tasks that need to be done once you can’t go outside. I think my first rainy day task is going to be my linen closet or my shed or the entry ways or finding out what the cat chews on under the bed at night. It's good to keep busy. Not right now, but at some point in the future.

All I was looking for in the linen closet was the pillow cases that went with the sheets I had all ready pulled out and it ended up being kind of like an episode of National Geographic Presents only with fewer Peruvian mummies and no under water shots of the Titanic. Its kind of a mess. But again, a good project for when its too cold/rainy to go outside unless its cold and rainy and Christmas shopping season and then it will have to wait for me to have nothing else to do. I always have something else to do. For instance, I can make dog cookies at the drop of a hat and I have a lot of magazine subscriptions - I could possibly have missed a breaking story about the love live or eating habits of the Olsin Twits. I might just decide that the linen closet is something I’ll try not to think about. Its all about priorities.

It was also too pretty this weekend to vacuum my living room. I was going to but then it ended up being pretty and sunny and not hot. A book I have been waiting for finally arrived and I really needed to read it out on porch so that I could keep an eye on the new renters. Yes, we have new contestants! The point of the game is to see how long they last, how much damage they do and how long it takes to re-rent the place after they get kicked out. It’s fun.

With this set of renters I decided to get them registered. I didn’t have any registration forms around the house and I was afraid I was going to forget I wanted to do it. But, Gawd wanted these people registered. He made the church run a voters drive after the masses and that allowed me to pick up the form and give it to them. I’m not sure I gave it to the right person. There seems to be a mix of generations over there and I gave the form to the oldest person I could see hanging around in the yard. I even stamped it for her and wrote in the address of the election board. Maybe she will fill it out, I would have waited for her to do it in front of me but they were all going somewhere and she took it with her. I remembered to wear my YDNC women’s caucus tee shirt when I handed it to her. Go Me!

Speaking of the YDNC. We had a BBQ-Get Out The Vote event this weekend. There wasn’t much BBQ and we didn’t get anyone to vote. I’m not sure we fulfilled our goals. We did have the worlds most depressing lefty band play though, and nothing gets people fired up to vote and gets them excited like down tempo agitprop. Sample Lyrics


Its about the economy!
It’s about the economy!
It’s all about the economy!
.
.
.
.

Pussy!


Yeah. I wanna go vote now.






No comments: