Thursday, October 7, 2004

Bits and pieces – the Bittsinging

I’m been getting Camp Knotty pine fixed up for the fall session. I mowed the back yard, swept the carport and got the cabin tidied up. The Nephdogs are coming and don’t want them to think I’ve been slacking since they were here the last time.

I’ve been slacking since they were here the last time. If I were a vacuuming woman (I'm Not) I could say “There isn’t any of their hair upstairs”, and that would be a lie. I have dog hair dust gerbils up there that keep the real rats at bay. No one wants to deal with a hunk of fur that big. I did make the space a little more dog friendly –in that I made it so that the dogs can’t reach any of my stuff so that I can stay friendly to them. I had to find new places for my little herd of moose and I put my collection of empty cardboard boxes away. I mean, I always want to chew on them when I’m up there alone for hours, so why shouldn’t they? . But then I remembered They have the capacity to lick themselves. I don’t think I need to provide any time fillers with that in play.

I will be making dog cookies while they are here. I’m going to try Carrot dog cookies to see if that is something dogs would like. I do have some research that says, “yes, dogs will eat carrot dog cookies” since I went to the mall and saw carrot dog cookies for sale. I’m going to have to figure out how they get the carrot pieces to be so visible in the cookie. I wonder if they laid each individual carrot piece on individually? Because I’m not going to do that. I’m also going to make one batch of the old stand by, cheese, because I all ready know all the dogs like that. I may also put some peanut butter in the mix too. If I get really wild I can add powered milk to the batch too. All the batches will even feature my own home grown garlic. How much time I anticipate spending making food for myself this weekend? None whatsoever. I am the saddest person ever, I know.

I’m going to go canvassing again this weekend. I’m going for a Three-Peat. I’m sadly, going to miss the debate on Friday because I agreed to go see a play that I didn’t realize was on this Friday. If I had been thinking I would have said “Yeah. This Friday? Are you kidding? I know you really mean a Friday that is not This Friday? Because you know? THE DEBATE is on and I have three dogs to look after and the Kitty and THE DEBATE is on and I have to be up early on Saturday and why the hell are you wanting to go to a play when THE DEBATE is on?” but instead I said “Okay”. Dumb, Dumb, Dumb!

It better be a great evening of theatre – because that old saw “A bad night out at the theatre is still better than a good night in front of the TV” is total bullshit. Bad TV you can turn off, bad theatre you are trapped with for hours! And if the show is really, really awful and you were a very, very bad person in a previous life - after the play finally, mercifully, ends, you will then have to find nice things to say about it to the people who worked on it – and they all know that no one calls anything they enjoyed, “interesting”.

No comments: