Friday, October 1, 2004

Poor East Coast Liberal


I wanted to buy F911 from that lefty site I linked to, but it’s expensive, so I’m not going to do it. I think I’ll go canvass this weekend as penance. I really hated canvassing. It sucked and I didn’t want to do it again. I think I will use that as my contribution to the cause. My time, mental health and shoe leather in exchange for buying the DVD elsewhere. I can’t afford to donate anything but my free time. I also started to think that my favorite used DVD store will most likely have it in before too long and I can get there for a lot less. I know I will have it, I knew that before I even saw it. F911 will be mine. It just won’t be mine for retail.

America The Book on the other hand, I do want now. I keep reading really good things about it and I wanna read it and its not like I’ll be able to borrow one from someone at work. So far I have not seen any left leaning titles in the free book bin in the breakroom, the Flowers in the Attic series? All the time, African American romance novels? here and there, tracts on being a good Khristian in the face of godless secular humanism? How many do you want to order? I wonder what they would think about a couple of back issues of The Nation?

I looked around online to find what kind of price I would be looking at for ATB . They ranged from "Is that a typo" to "what, do they come etched into gold?" and ended up with just plan "expensive". I also kind of would rather just drive somewhere and go get it instead of paying shipping. I really can just go to an actual store every once in a while. So. I looked at chains. Wow. Back to Amazon, it was looking very good, but there is shipping and with that added in it wasn’t that much less then full price at Borders. But then. I saw a reference to Wal-Mart.

Wal-Mart has the book. How? I don’t think the same store that is selling W brand Ketchup would be interested in selling ATB. Most of the customers don’t even know who John Stewart is and since the show isn’t carried on FAUX News Network, they aren’t going to know what The Daily Show is either. Maybe it’s a trick. Maybe Wally World has some sort of tracking device in their books so they can better track down liberals so that specially trained Neocon Brownshirts can find them and kill them! Wal-Mart does attract that sort of clientele. I should know, I shop there regularly.

It would be kind of cool to make Wal-Mart sell me that book. They can’t be happy about carrying it. I don’t think Comedy Central, TDS or John Stewart et al really need the cash anyway. They need units off the shelves. It doesn’t matter for how much.

edited to add, they don't carry it despite what I found online. In the store they had books by Sean O'Hannity, some teenage rightwing neocon talk show host, a book about Reagan,a book "Prayers of the Presidents", something called "Unfit to Serve" which despite its title was not about Bush and a couple of Dr. Phill books

Maybe I’ll take Dogger down to the Super Wal-Mart this evening and have her guard my Kerry magnet in the parking lot. I think I will. I really, really, really do not want to watch the debate .

edited to add - but I did anyway, I watched it. Thank Gawd for the mute button and the networks use of split screen! Shrub really needs to be worked hard on his listening skills or at least his "appearing to listen skills". All that eye rolling and and blinking did not work for him." Advantage Kerry.

No comments: