Friday, October 15, 2004

TGIF

Yay! It’s Friday. I’m exhausted and I think I’m getting sick! Yay for being sick on the weekend. I can’t wait. I’m hoping I’m just really susceptible to suggestion. There are people at work who are out sick and I think I’ve got sympathy flu. I did get a shot and I would hate to be one of the few people to actually get one and have it not work. That would be sad and ironic and not on purpose either like FAUX news.

I don’t feel bad enough not to go canvassing this weekend but I would rather do my own neighborhood instead of where ever they’ll send me this time. It’s not like my actual precinct has gotten touch with me or anything, you know, like I asked them to. I even tattled on my precinct chair to another precinct chair and had that guy shake my precinct guys cage for me . Still nothing. It’s not like my neighborhood isn’t overwhelmingly democrat, and its not like they vote or anything. They need to have a little attention paid to them and they will go to the polls.

Failing anyone from KE04 visiting the neighborhood, I walked Dogger twice so far in my KE04 shirt. I hope that people see it and remember to vote, I mean if they’re looking at my chest, it could at least be for the betterment of mankind. I don’t mind. I’ll sacrifice my dignity.

I watched the last debate. I knew who I was going to vote for for about the last eighteen months or so – so the debates weren’t really going to affect my choice. I mean if Kerry had walked out dressed as the Grand Dragon, I would assume a Karl Rove trick and still voted for him. I think he would probably have to tear the heads off toddlers and make bon fires of puppies before I would change my vote and then I would vote for my dog before I voted for Shrub. Why were they dressed in a uniform last night? Was it some Skull and Bones thing? It looked funny on TV.

Dogger didn’t get her bath last night. It was raining. I know that isn’t a reason not to bath my dog, but I just couldn’t do it. I thought about it, I even thought about taking her bedding up and washing those, but then I got into trying to keep track of who advertises on my local Sinclair stations and having to watch Smallville even on mute – really sucked the desire to do anything right out of me. Is that show always that dumb? I feel sorry fort the actors on WB and UPN. Its not like people watch those shows, I know there are fans out there, but not enough. Those actors have to start all over again after they leave those shows. No one knows who they are – except for a handful of teenage girls and they are a notoriously fickle lot. Once the handsome boys stop looking like boys and start to look like men the little girls have moved on and all they have on their resume’ is Beverly Hills Superman Slayer.

Have you heard from any of the BTVS or ATS people? Not a whole lot. They have popped up here and there - on other WB shows, but that’s hardly working really. I guess its better then doing tampex commercials or Infomercials but really, not by much. I would think that playing an “evil” version of your old character isn’t really a step in the right direction career wise. Playing that same character “evil” on Charmed? Might as well give up and shill for Tampax.







No comments: