Wednesday, October 20, 2004

Work, work, work

I actually spent the whole weekend enjoying myself and now have a laundry list of things I should have been doing but have so far put off. I’m very lazy.

This weekend I should have mowed the yard, cleaned off the dining room table, put my clean laundry away, properly segregated the dirty laundry from the various articles of still clean yet worn but not yet really dirty clothing to save them from becoming the dirty laundry, done something about the state of the office, brought out the winter comforter for the bedroom and put it into the existing comforter cover downstairs, started to think about the bedding for the bedroom upstairs and replanted the bedding plants I bought two weeks ago, walked the dog more, cleaned up the back yard, swept the basement and replaced the burned out bulb in the entry way. I could also have cleaned the bathroom and vacuumed a flat surface, pick a flat surface, any flat surface – they all need it. But I didn’t. I suck.

What I did get done. Canvassed, emptied and filled the dishwasher, washed everything I wore to work on Friday – I take back everything I ever said about Dogger and the Nephdogs – they don’t stink. Compared to the dog I spent time with Friday, Dogger and the Nephdogs are large, fur covered roses. The dog I hung around with was so odoriferous and nasty; I had to wash the clothes I wore to work as soon as I walked in the door. I couldn’t stand being in the same room with myself. I wonder if I offered the stinky dog owner a Free Dog Wash coupon if that would be considered offensive? Stinky, stinky, stinky. Maybe if I gave them some dog biscuits with one hand and the coupon in the other? The animal was rank.

I also went over the Broskey and Alphagals and watched them work. In my downtime not spent canvassing or watching other people work I found time to fret over the new garbage silo the city delivered; along with the new garbage silo comes a new trash and recycleing schedule and its upsetting. Instead of Sunday night being when all that gets taken care of, I’m going to have to remember to do all that Thursday night! That is totally going to mess up my schedule. And now I’m going to have to find a place for the garbage silo. It’s huge and the place I think its’going to live is currently home to the hose and I’m still using the hose and I don’t want to have to unhook it and move it and now I’m all obsessing on the trash and when to take it out and the recycling and how the change is totally messing me up. I got nothing done over the weekend because the stress of the garbage silo made me too tired to tidy.

I fell asleep in front of the television again. Thus far, television drama has been falling behind. I should not be sleeping; I should be in rapt attention! The excitement should be keeping me awake! I should be totally involved with the plots not falling asleep to them. Maybe the networks should turn the sound up toward the end of the episodes? Its’ supposed to get all dramatic and noisy the last fifteen minutes or so and lately the last fifteen minutes is what’s been putting me to sleep. I can understand CSI Miami because, CBS? Hello? But Law and Order – CI? It usually involves at least some door slamming if not actual perp slamming. Very sad. It’s not me, its them - Mystery Mondays on BBCAmerica doesn’t put me to sleep, if only because I can’t always understand what they are saying. The networks should invest in a John Hannah or someone else with a nice, impenetrable accent to keep me challenged or at least awake past the third commercial break.

No comments: