Tuesday, November 2, 2004

NC DOT GOTV?

I saw this about the Dept. of Transportation and their issues this morning and when I finally got to work this was in my email:

Dear Colleagues,

Tomorrow is Election Day. I hope everyone will choose to participate in selecting our political leaders for the next few years. Our ability to do that is a precious right that we sometimes don't appreciate as much as we should.
Many people have made great sacrifices to provide and preserve this right for us today. We owe much to those who gave their lives in wars where our survival was at stake like the Civil War and two World Wars and to those who bravely fought to expand the right to all our citizens through the women's suffrage movement and more recently the civil rights movement.

I don't mean to sermonize, but I do believe we all need to participate in the governance of the country. It is an important election and we will be served best by having the collective judgment of all of us rather than the choices of only some of the voters. Please plan to carry out his important duty tomorrow if you are not already one of the 15% or more who have already voted.


so DHHS all about the GOTV and DOT so not? why? and is the "Only some of the voters" a reference to the boost the dems get from heavy turn out? and a call for GOP faithful to hit the polls? should I be proud of my department for being so vote friendly or should I be looking at this as some backdoor Bush support from TPTB?

Odd.

No comments: